� #1
Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Dandelion Root Tea

Recipes: Prepare Dandelion Root Tea

Boil a quart of water in a pot Reduce the heat.

Add 2 tbsp. of cleaned and chopped fresh dandelion roots to the water.

Let the water simmer for thirty minutes, keeping it covered during this time.
Then, remove the pot from the heat source.

Following this, add two tbsp. of freshly picked and chopped dandelion leaves.

Let the leaves steep into the liquid for twenty
minutes. After which, the liquid can be strained.

You will benefit by drinking two cups of the herbal dandelion tea every day.

Source:
https://www.peacefulmind.com/herbology.htm
� #2
Old 06-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Lecturer
mommysunshine will become famous soon enoughmommysunshine will become famous soon enough

Nice K2C.

The roots are very good for healing the liver. It helps to digest fats. I've been taking it with meals in the capsule form.

The leaves have a completely different purpose than the roots. The leaves can be used like spinach or any other leafy green veggie. The leaves are a bit bitter so using them in moderation and cooking them with carrots, beets and onions makes them tasty. I've been buying them by the pound in the dehydrated form from Mountain Rose Herbs. Iherb may sell them too. They would be a nice survival food too.

In tea, you can always add peppermint or licorice to make it more pleasant.
� #3
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

I use a Dandelion liquid tincture now and then also, and with all the dandelions in my yard, I should be making teas by now, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Here's more info...https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Dandelion
� #4
Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
I use a Dandelion liquid tincture now and then also, and with all the dandelions in my yard, I should be making teas by now, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Here's more info...https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Dandelion
I use the tincture too, and keep thinking, 'With all the dandelions in my yard, I should make my own tincture.'
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #5
Old 06-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Lecturer
mommysunshine will become famous soon enoughmommysunshine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
It does feel a bit odd to eat weeds. If we grew up doing it then it wouldn't be so different but we've moved so far away from nature and put our trust in the shelves of our local health food store instead. That dandelion tincture can be made at home for super cheap by combing a vodka, water and a pound of dandelion root that you can buy online.

Tags
dandelion root tea
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.