What to do about sweaty feet?

Ralph100

Hi all,

I have serious sweat problems. My feet get really sweaty (and stinky) when wearing shoes or even sandals. What can I do about it? Is there any good remedy based on natural treatments?

thanks in advance

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
You might want to try a visit to a classical homeopath. This is a predominant symptom of a major remedy. There really isn't anything other than homeopathy that can cure something like this that I know of.

Last edited by a moderator:

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Hi all,

I have serious sweat problems. My feet get really sweaty (and stinky) when wearing shoes or even sandals. What can I do about it? Is there any good remedy based on natural treatments?

thanks in advance
I've read that Pascalite powder may help, might be worth a try.

pinballdoctor

Hi all,

thanks in advance

First you need footwear that has better ventilation. That will help with the sweating.

Secondly, there are odour-eater type insoles that have pure silver thread. That works just like colloidal silver in that it kills bacteria and fungus, thereby helping with the smell.

Also, spraying socks with colloidal silver, then allowing them to dry before wearing, will also help alot with smell. In fact, they won't smell.

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Hi all,

thanks in advance
Some things you can do to get it under control~
*Change to white cotton only socks. If they get the least bit damp, change them even if that means carrying extra pairs with you to keep bacteria from appearing.

Apple cider vinegar soaks for 20 mins daily. 1 part vinegar/2 parts water.

Tea tannins kill bacteria & reduce sweating. I'll have to look that recipe up as I can't remember it off the top of my head. I do know you do a soak nightly for awhile & then you can reduce it to once a week when odor disappears.

No sugar. Do you eat alot of sweets? Long story short, sugar = fungi

ChrisCarlton67

This is a silly question, but do you wear socks with shoes? My father-in-law doesn't wear socks EVER and he has the same problem....

frankquinn85

It is common to have sweaty feet at times, but excessive sweating can indicate a condition called hyperhidrosis. Sweaty feet can also lead to other health issues, such as foot odor, athlete's foot, and toenail fungus. People can try using the following methods to prevent sweaty feet:

1. Keeping a journal of sweating episodes.
2. Wearing the right socks.
3. Using antifungal powders.
4. Applying antiperspirant.
5. Choosing the right shoes.
6. Staying hydrated

How to get rid of it?

1. Washing your feet.
2. Soaking feet in black tea.
3. Carrying spare socks.
4. Changing shoes.
5. Applying rubbing alcohol.
6. Trying iontophoresis.