Watercress for skin beauty

7Destiny

Original Poster
True! I ate it daily for 10 days while doing a diet recommended on Dr. Perricone's facebook page. I found it at Whole Foods and also some Asian markets. I like the taste but it doesn't agree with everyone...a bit spicy.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Thanks 7Destiny, interesting. I never had watercress to my knowledge, maybe in a salad...I'll have to try some. When you ate it for 10 days, how much did you eat of it?

7Destiny

Original Poster
About a third to a half bunch a day. It sounds like a lot but the bunches are small. Perricone had recipes...one I liked was a watercress soup. But I also liked the leaves in salad.

I have a French friend (living in the US now) who said when she was in France people were concerned about the worms that could be attached to the leaves. I haven't seen any sign of that here.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
I harvested wild watercress this summer and made soup. Its really good. I cant imagine eating very much of it in a salad, but in a soup its great.

7Destiny

Original Poster
Here is the Perricone recipe. The cauliflower and blending gives it the appearance of a cream soup.

This soup contains antioxidant-rich watercress and creamy cauliflower, a great source of sulforaphane. It’s the perfect cure for the cold winter weather.
Watercress and Cauliflower Soup
Serves 6
Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 1 small head cauliflower (about 1-3/4 lbs cut into 1-inch florets)
  • 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 bunch fresh watercress, thick stems removed (about 5 cups), a few small sprigs reserved for garnish
Preparation

1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the cauliflower, broth, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring once, until the cauliflower is very tender, about 15 minutes.
  3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in watercress.
  4. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender, filling the container no more than halfway each time.
  5. Return the soup to the saucepan; cover to keep warm.
  6. To serve, divide among 6 bowls. Garnish each bowl with a sprig of watercress, and season with pepper.
What is your favorite anti-inflammatory recipe?