Top 6 Artery Cleansing Foods

jfh

perpetual student
Organic Asparagus

Asparagus is one of the best, natural artery-clearing foods around, says Shane Ellison, an organic chemist and author of Over-The-Counter Natural Cures. “Asparagus works within the 100,000 miles of veins and arteries to release pressure, thereby allowing the body to accommodate for inflammation that has accumulated over the years.” It also helps ward off deadly blood clots.

Organic Pomegranate

Pomegranate contains phytochemicals that act as antioxidants to protect the lining of the arteries from damage, explains Dr. Gregg Schneider, a nutritionally oriented dentist and expert on alternative medicine. A 2005 study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that antioxidant-rich pomegranate juice stimulated the body’s production of nitric oxide, which helps keep blood flowing and arteries open.

Turmeric

“The spice turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory,” Dr. Schneider says. “It contains curcumin which lowers inflammation—a major cause of arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries.” A 2009 study found that curcumin helps reduce the fatty deposits in arteries by as much as 26 percent.

Spirulina

A daily 4,500mg dose of this blue-green algae (usually found in supplement or powder form) can help relax artery walls and normalize blood pressure. It may also help your liver balance your blood fat levels—decreasing your LDL cholesterol by 10 percent and raising HDL cholesterol by 15 percent, according a recent study.

Organic Cranberries

Research shows that potassium-rich cranberries can help reduce LDL cholesterol levels and help raise the good HDL levels in your body, and regular consumption of the holiday favorite may help reduce your overall risk of heart disease by as much as 40 percent.

Organic Watermelon

Talk about a perfect snack—watermelon is not only a diet-friendly food, but it can help protect your heart too! A Florida State University study found that people given a 4,000mg supplement of L-citrulline (an amino acid found in watermelon) lowered their blood pressure in just six weeks. Researchers say the amino acid helps your body produce nitric oxide, which widens blood vessels.

Source https://www.undergroundhealth.com/top-6-artery-cleansing-foods/

pinballdoctor

To clean arteries I would suggest Vitamin D, fish oil, and K2. This combination will remove calcium from arteries and transfer it to bones and teeth where it should have gone to in the first place. Most artery blockage is calcium.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I've been taking 5,000IU of vitamin D3, NOW liquid omega 3 fish oil and 120mcg of K2 daily. Hoping also to keep my arteries clear of calcium deposits. My FIL had a major stroke wit 99% of his carotid artery blocked with calcification. :(

pinballdoctor

Perhaps we should talk about what causes blockage in the first place, besides the "floating" calcium. The answer is fried and deep fried food, more specifically OILS. Cooking oils, even olive oil will turn rancid when heated. These oils cause massive inflammation in arteries, and over time causes heart attack and strokes as well. Butter doesn't do that, and coconut oil is antiinflammatory so should be OK as well.

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
Perhaps we should talk about what causes blockage in the first place, besides the "floating" calcium. The answer is fried and deep fried food, more specifically OILS. Cooking oils, even olive oil will turn rancid when heated. These oils cause massive inflammation in arteries, and over time causes heart attack and strokes as well. Butter doesn't do that, and coconut oil is antiinflammatory so should be OK as well.
I recently began a somewhat modified "starch solution" diet. All oils are considered bad and thus, not allowed. :(
It is mostly starch - with NO animal/dairy/OILS of any kind.

It's extreme - and at times I add avocado oil or ghee to salad/potatoes for I just can't get passed NO OILS.

Do you feel they are ALL bad? Heated or otherwise?

JonathanMaxwell

Greetings! I have to ask what you mean by artery cleansing foods. Do you mean foods that can lower cholesterol? I write about natural remedies, and green tea was proven to lower LDL cholesterol. You would be better off taking a green tea extract though unless you like drinking green tea a lot.

Take care,
Jonathan

jfh

perpetual student
Original Poster
Greetings! I have to ask what you mean by artery cleansing foods. Do you mean foods that can lower cholesterol? I write about natural remedies, and green tea was proven to lower LDL cholesterol. You would be better off taking a green tea extract though unless you like drinking green tea a lot.
One of the reasons that the liver produces cholesterol, is due to inflammation. It is a defense mechanism. There are other reasons, but that article deals with the defense factor. Unfortunately and due to our diets, cholesterol can oxidize into LDL. Plaque can form in the arteries. I suspect that those foods, listed in that article, are anti-inflammatory and possibly plaque dissolving.

I agree with you on green tea. I don't know why it wasn't listed. My problem with green tea, personally, is that it contains a lot of tannin. For me, that has meant constipation. Also, tannin interferes with protein digestion. Yet, so many people still order iced tea with their meals at home and at restaurants. I use green and white tea almost daily, but only one cup.

I also use a supplement of serrapeptase (enzyme from the silk worm gut) to help with fibrin and scar tissue in the body and bloodstream, including the arteries.

Also check into nitric oxide via food, supplement (beet juice, arginine), and exercise.

Mugdha

Adjusting your diet to include artery-friendly foods can improve your heart and overall health. 1. Organic Asparagus 2.

Adjusting your diet to include artery-friendly foods can improve your heart and overall health.
1. Organic Asparagus
2. Organic Pomegranate
3. Turmeric
4. Spirulina
5. Organic Cranberries
6. Organic Watermelon

Ron Brown

removing calciufication

To clean arteries I would suggest Vitamin D, fish oil, and K2. This combination will remove calcium from arteries and transfer it to bones and teeth where it should have gone to in the first place. Most artery blockage is calcium.
The way to remove calcification is with magnesium. Most people are deficient in this mineral that prevents hardening of the arteries and many other diseases and conditions. The MDs call them diseases but it it nothing more than nutrient deficiencies and everyone knows that nutrition is the enemy pf MD profits. High blood pressure is another example of magnesium deficiency as an example.

Ron Brown

magnesium

I've been taking 5,000IU of vitamin D3, NOW liquid omega 3 fish oil and 120mcg of K2 daily. Hoping also to keep my arteries clear of calcium deposits. My FIL had a major stroke wit 99% of his carotid artery blocked with calcification. :(
Magnesium is the key to unblocking arteries.

Ron Brown

Great foods to be used for blood cleaning and anti oxidents but to neutralize calcium what is needed is magnesium. A good form of magnesium, not the garbage you may see in a health food store or a drug store. It will take time to get the levels up and a hair sample analysis can tell if you are low. One sign you may be low is if you have a twitch around the eye or legs cramps at night.

Thaboz

I totally agree with these foods as they all have the good cholesterol (from plant food)

I would also add nuts,fish and green tea too. These foods are good in ensuring the heart arteries stay clean and strong. This is especially so for nuts as they have a component for making sure the arteries don't get clogged.

Fish is filled with omega 3 fatty acid which helps raise the good fats in the body called High density lipoprotiens (HDL)

The good cholesterol is used by the body for other functions in the body.