Too much weather

jfh

perpetual student
My California friends have been suffering through drought. USA citizens will know this in the price of food, since 60% of our produce comes from California. https://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2014/02/18/california-experiencing-its-worst-drought-in-over-a-century/

Britain is having the opposite problem. Too much rain, and now sinkholes. https://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2014/02/18/record-breaking-rainfall-sinkholes-rapidly-appearing-across-britain/

d0ug

I not a conspiracy advocate but the more you hear of harp and chem trails. It dose make you wonder why the weather is getting more unstable.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I absolutely believe that they are manipulating the weather and have been for many years. It's not conspiracy, it's truth, just not reported by the main stream media, because it is done more secretly, behind the scenes.

Ajax

"global warming" is a bad name for this phenomenon, it is actually the weather becoming more unstable, violent, and unpredictable - caused by pollution.

jfh

perpetual student
Original Poster
I volunteer with a national wildlife refuge. They had the same reaction to "global warming" term. Instead, the government chose to use "climate change".

You are right, Ajax. People just don't get it when you say global warming. They may not be deniers, but they point to too many things that don't seem like "warming". The climate is obviously changing, and not necessarily for the better. We are parasites. We pollute the oceans, especially with plastic. We pollute the atmosphere. We pollute our drinking water with fertilizers and industrial wastes. We pollute our agriculture. What do we really expect? Just pass it on to our children and grandchildren.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Weird weather here the past few yrs. Summers of 2012 and 2013 were seriously hot with many days above 90 (usually we have 3-4 like that) and our past winter we had more single digit and below zero days than ever before. Also, the past 2 years have been very rainy.

d0ug

Last week tropical storm Bertha and hit went by us one mile away or closer and not one drop of rain. I live on the North coast of Dominican Republic and we need rain.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
I volunteer with a national wildlife refuge. They had the same reaction to "global warming" term. Instead, the government chose to use "climate change".

They had to, for marketing. The planet is going through a slight cooling period right now. :wave: