Swollen Stomach after eating.

revzen

Hi All, my wife has IBS and H Pylori, for a few months she's had a relatively good run with regards to hear stomach. What can, and does happen is after eating my wife's stomach really swells up, to the point were she looks a few months pregnant.So we'd appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Would a digestive enzyme help this condition to ease off?

Thanks in advance!:D

knightofalbion

I'm very sorry to hear that, dear Revzen.

Probiotics is the first thing that springs to mind. Higher Nature (of Burwash Common) do a top of the range probiotic supplement with 9 billion bacterium. That would be worth a try.

Other than that, natural peppermint has potent anti-spasmodic properties and can greatly help with digestive issues. I would certainly consider that too. (It does have to be natural peppermint though, with natural peppermint oil.)

Spotted this in the Mail a while back. Might be of interest to you
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2089942/Think-youre-bloated-IBS-It-just-Small-Intestine-Bacterial-Overgrowth-easier-manage.html

Good luck.

revzen

Original Poster
I'm very sorry to hear that, dear Revzen.

Probiotics is the first thing that springs to mind. Higher Nature (of Burwash Common) do a top of the range probiotic supplement with 9 billion bacterium. That would be worth a try.

Other than that, natural peppermint has potent anti-spasmodic properties and can greatly help with digestive issues. I would certainly consider that too. (It does have to be natural peppermint though, with natural peppermint oil.)

Spotted this in the Mail a while back. Might be of interest to you
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2089942/Think-youre-bloated-IBS-It-just-Small-Intestine-Bacterial-Overgrowth-easier-manage.html

Good luck.
Many appreciative thanks to you knightofalbion, I'll be looking at both your suggestions and hope it does the trick for my wife, I don't like seeing my angel suffer!

d0ug

If the stomach acid gets to a PH of 3 things can start to grow through fermentation that is the perfect place for it warm dark. When the stomach has a PH of 2 or less the stomach is sterile and nothing can grow bacteria,fungus, virus, and parasites. If you are having a bloating problem it would be a thing to think about.

Ajax

I've had the same problem for years. What works even better for me than probiotics is adding a teaspoon of miso to my daily soup and avoiding all grains especially wheat gluten. I got some miso from the Trader Joes and it is super delicious added to soups - much better than that stinky kim chi.

revzen

Original Poster

jackwilliam67

Hey Revzen, Sounds like a very difficult situation. Sometimes IBS is actually misdiagnosed and may be related to for born illness. I would recommend going to a nutritionist and your doctor, but the meds can be very expensive. For that, you can find a pharmacy online from where you can buy the meds at low prices. Be careful not to take antibiotics to quickly as that can actually make the condition permanent.