Supplements for Cirrhosis?

majbsb

Hi I have a family member who has been diagnosed with Cirrhosis of the liver. Please can some kind soul recommend me some supplements to order from iHerb? So far I've got:

Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Palmitate) & Zinc Picolinate.

Thanks all :D

D Bergy

Is it alcohol related Cirrhosis or not?

Dan

D Bergy

The reason I asked is because High Fructose Corn Syrup has caused liver damage in animal studies, and I know at least two people that have cirrhosis that do not drink alcohol but drank more than an average amount of soft drinks.

There are no human studies I am aware of for HFCS and how it affects the liver, and probably will not be, but I would avoid it in this situation. It certainly is not needed for any nutritional reason.

Dan

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
You must take your vitamin c levels up to bowel tolerance..or learn to make lipsomal vitamin c which is by far much more effective and much lower cost after you purchase the sonic machine. A couple of vitamin c pills a day will hardly be theraputic for him. Do a search for lipsomal c on this forum, there are several threads, and you will learn what you need to know.
learn about bowel tolerance and everything vitamin c here: www.vitamincfoundation.org

MMS is another option but dont do mms and vitamin c together as they are not compatable and they negate each other

majbsb

Original Poster
You must take your vitamin c levels up to bowel tolerance..or learn to make lipsomal vitamin c which is by far much more effective and much lower cost after you purchase the sonic machine. A couple of vitamin c pills a day will hardly be theraputic for him. Do a search for lipsomal c on this forum, there are several threads, and you will learn what you need to know.
learn about bowel tolerance and everything vitamin c here: www.vitamincfoundation.org

MMS is another option but dont do mms and vitamin c together as they are not compatable and they negate each other
Hi Arrow I was thinking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascorbyl_palmitate

Would Ascorbyl Palmitate work in the same way as liposomal Vitamin C?

majbsb

Original Poster
okay I've come up with this, hows it look?

With Food
Ascorbyl Palmitate Vitamin C DO NOT TAKE WITH MSM
Zinc Picolinate
Vitamin B Complex
Vitamin D3

With or Without Food
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) DO NOT TAKE WITH VITAMIN C
Milk thistle
Liquorice Root

Without Food on empty stomach
3 drops Iodine in 500ml water DO NOT MIX WITH ANYTHING ELSE
2 tablespoon Apple Vinegar in 500ml water DO NOT MIX WITH ANYTHING ELSE
1 tablesoon Chia Seed in 200 ml bottle water NOT TAP WATER

Night time
Magnesium

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I've use MSM for years along with vitamin C, not a problem. MMS is what Arrow was talking about.

MSM is beneficial for the liver, also Blueberry Leaf Extract, and fresh lemon juice in filtered water. I would recommend drinking filtered water daily, to help flush the liver.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Hi Arrow I was thinking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascorbyl_palmitate

Would Ascorbyl Palmitate work in the same way as liposomal Vitamin C?
Absolutley NOT. Lipsomal preparations facilitate the movement of the C or what ever you have put in liposomal form into the blood stream and then into the cell. This is why a small amount of lipsomal c taken orally can be equal in blood levels to having and IV of vitamin c

majbsb

Original Poster
Absolutley NOT. Lipsomal preparations facilitate the movement of the C or what ever you have put in liposomal form into the blood stream and then into the cell. This is why a small amount of lipsomal c taken orally can be equal in blood levels to having and IV of vitamin c
wowzers I need to make some of this stuff, I've seen the youtube video of the fella making it.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Alpha lipoic acid, at least 200 mg a day if not more. As for milk thistle, doubl ethe dose on the bottle.