Sexual Addiction Supplements?

bipolarmom

Please help, I am at a loss of what to do. I have struggled with sexual addiction from the age of 15, and somehow I thought it was "gone" but recently realized it's still there strong and causing a lot of problems in my relationship with my boyfriend. I have uncontrollable sexual thoughts and urges and I cannot enjoy our time together unless it starts or ends with sex. If it doesn't involve sex at all, I become angry and depressed and struggle with the thoughts until we are able to have sex.

I am looking for supplements that will help with the obsessive and compulsive aspects of this addiction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

larryberry

Do you have a twin sister?

All joking aside, I think this problem has more to do with psychology then body chemistry. There maybe something in your life that you are missing, and the sexual release fills that void. Perhaps you have related it to feeling loved, or accepted, and if you don't get sex than you dont feel these feelings.
I am purely speculating here, but my hunch is that it would be something along these lines.

PatriciaButler

I think the problem might well be caused by your testosterone levels, especially if you were experiencing this problem since you are 15, since it's approximately the age when testosterone levels start to increase

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
hey the better way u have to stop doing wrong things and later try this some of the medicines
Prozac/Fontex/Fluoxetin
Fevarin (also antidepressant and anti-anxiety)
Luvox (anti-compulsion)
I think it will work
Really? Is that the better way? :evil: Prescription anti-depressants with side effects that range from depression to suicide to murder...really? Yeah, I think that will work too, it's hard to think about sex if you're six feet under, in the slammer, or in a mental facility being fed even more coctails of these poisons on a daily basis, I guess that would work. :roll: https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=23044&highlight=killed+friend+prozac

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I have an old herb book that recommends Sage or Willow (White/Red), as sex depressants. Of course as with any herbs, thoroughly research any side effects or drug interactions before using.

r3critter

I have never heard of such a thing. I guess you could look at side effects of herbs to see if any reduce libido. You could look for things that lower testosterone. And you are talking about the urge not the ability. If its ability there are things that might reduce your erection but they probably would have serious health risks.