PVCs(Premature ventricular contraction) what to do?

Tukmens

Hello! I'm young and healthy male, I've checked heart health 2 years ago and everything was fine with my heart and circulatory system, also I have no family history of genetic heart disease.

So yesterday I felt strange in the heart region and I had a short breath so I decided to check my pulse with samsung galaxy s9 pulsometer, it was normal - 48, but I noticed that graph is irregular, like:

"normal beat, normal, normal, 1/2 short, normal, normal, 1/2 short, 1/2short, normal, normal etc."

So I found out that it could be PVCs and it's still happening now for almost 24 hours. And I remember that previously I've felt similar for few days but at that time I had no idea what it is. So what should I do, is there any concern? Should I go to the ER or my personal physician? Is there foods or something to avoid?

I've also had palapations in the past with unknown reason. And the biggest recent change is that I started running 3 weeks ago. And I was inactive for whole autumn and winter.

jfh

perpetual student
I'm not familiar with PVC. New to me. I would have thought it was AFIB. If it were me, I'd make sure I have adequate magnesium. More than 400mg per day. I just read a book about the miracle of magnesium. Cardiac problems were one of the important functions of magnesium. Several things could be causing you to deplete magnesium.

The only foods to consider avoiding are ones which have sugar, caffeine, MSG - monosodium glutamate found in many Asian dishes.

When considering magnesium, try to find ionic form. There is a popular powder, which people have used for years, called Calm. Avoid magnesium oxide, as it will give you only 4% magnesium and normally is used to move the bowels. A combination would be great. One that contained magnesium bound to citrate, malate, or other acids. The point is to find magnesium bindings which will allow the body to absorb more of the elemental magnesium.

Tukmens

Original Poster
I'm not familiar with PVC. New to me. I would have thought it was AFIB. If it were me, I'd make sure I have adequate magnesium. More than 400mg per day. I just read a book about the miracle of magnesium. Cardiac problems were one of the important functions of magnesium. Several things could be causing you to deplete magnesium.

The only foods to consider avoiding are ones which have sugar, caffeine, MSG - monosodium glutamate found in many Asian dishes.

When considering magnesium, try to find ionic form. There is a popular powder, which people have used for years, called Calm. Avoid magnesium oxide, as it will give you only 4% magnesium and normally is used to move the bowels. A combination would be great. One that contained magnesium bound to citrate, malate, or other acids. The point is to find magnesium bindings which will allow the body to absorb more of the elemental magnesium.
Thanks for answer. AFIB would be unlikely considering that I have a good heart health, I'm young and rhythm is regular and I dont feel any of the common AFIB symptoms except increased awareness. Also I'm eating healthy and recently quit all sugary drinks and don't drink coffee or alcohol for more than a year. And I'm even able to run, it is even easier to run because then you don't feel your heart as much as being relaxed.

Also 2 months ago started to take 200mg magnesium glycinate or malate once a day. So magnesium shouldnt be an issue here.