Puffy Urethra in the mornings??

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguy

Hey guys,

So I hade some prostatitis problems a year/two ago aswell as some pelvic floor issues.. and at one point I really irritated my urethra when it got stuck on my underwear and pulled it off..

Anyway, that irritation went away, 95% the tip of my urethra looks totally normal.. but for some reason, a lot of times in the morning the tip of my urethra looks puffy and swollen.. but theres no pain or itching or anything, it just looks like the urethral tissue is swollen/puffed up.

Any idea what this is and why it only happens in the morning?? I was thinking, maybe its from the first pee of the morning which is usually more acidic/concentrated.. or maybe my urethra gets irritated over night?? it doesnt make sense to me.. it goes away by the end of the day..

I would like to figure it out because daily inflammation of the urethra cant be a good thing?

someguy

Original Poster
Also .. I have developed a habit of dabbing the tip of my penis with toilet paper after peeing to make sure its clean.. dunno if the TP could irritate the urethra.. but if that were the case it would probably happen all day and not just in the morning.. Maybe I should stop doing that though.. or avoid the urethra itself and just dab the underside of the glans?

It looks like the inside of the urethra is swollen/puffy though, its not the external part its like the inner tissues are puffy? But no pain, no itching, no discomfort what so ever. Dunno if its normal or not? Maybe it was always like that and I never noticed until this year? I dunno? Maybe its diet related.. or just simple irritation from rubbing on boxers/etc?

someguy

Original Poster
Im starting to think it is the toilet paper dabbing.. I do it more in the morning and esp after a BM (sorry for all the details)..

I never used to dab with toilet paper.. well that started within the past 2 years .. I started doing it first before I would have sex, I would pee then wipe it clean - but then after having prostatitis issues, it seems after I finish peeing I still have a drop or two that comes out so I try n get th elast drop out and wipe it off..

what else can I do besides toilet paper? Should I try just not wiping it off and leaving it moist with urine? I guess thats what most guys do.. the only other option would be to rinse it with water but obv I cant do that all day..

someguy

Original Poster
Happened again this morning.. cant tell what it is, seems to come up after my first pee of the morning.. I dabbed around a little bit but nothing that should aggravate it I dont think? Ill keep an eye on it and try and narrow down the cause. Last night looking at the tip of my urethra it looked like there was a little red sport or sore spot.. hmm

Why would the first mornings pee make the urethra a little puffy?

someguy

Original Poster
Any ideas guys? I found a guy whos had similar issues and he has included pictures of the tip of his penis (https://www.medhelp.org/photos/show/6333345?type=posts) it looks just like that in the morning..

its interesting, I never had anything going on down there my whole life, until 2 years ago, then I suddenly had erection/libido issues, urinary issues, ejaculation issues, occasional pelvic pain and more recently testicular pain, ive also had some type of dermatitis/irritation on the underside of my penis and testicles..

I took strong antibiotics in the past.. and have receieved pelvic massage etc.. followed a healthy diet and I dont really have any issues, I dont have pain or sexual problems anymore.. but this occasional urethral swelling in the mornings is interesting, it doesnt really cause me any problems but if there is still some lingering issue I would like to know about it.. at the same time I feel like just moving on with my life and forgetting about it, because obcessing about something thats hard to diagnose and hard to even know what is it is can cause a lot of uneccesarry stress..

jfh

perpetual student
Never heard of such a thing. My guess is that you have made it sensitive enough to have this happen with your first urination which is probably more acid than the rest of the day.

someguy

Original Poster
hmm yea could be.. but it goes away as the day progresses.. so dunno whats 'making it sensitive'.. ill keep an eye on it and try and figure it out - doubt its any kind of STD or anything because I really have no other symptoms but I suppose there are some obscure STD type things out there that can go unnoticed..

Status
Not open for further replies.