Pi water filtration systems?

Fukurou

Hello, today I come to you with a question about water. As important as water is, we need to be sure that we are not getting unwanted chemicals/toxins while drinking water.

Now, the tap is out of question for me. I hate the taste, and even though it is free of bacteria and pests, it is loaded with chlorine and other unattractive additives.

Next on the list is bottled water. I know that many bottled waters are the same as tap, just in a bottle. However there are some that are higher quality. Quality of the water aside, even if it is the purest water, IIRC, the plastic of the bottle wears down over time and is ingested by us when we drink from the bottle. On top of that, it is inconvenient and pricey to have to constantly by packs of bottled water from the store.

Last on my list, which can have many subcategories, is a water filtration systems. Whether the filtration is provided by a company that ships 5 gallon jugs of water to your home, or whether you have a filtration system in your home. I would like some opinions on different water filtration systems and their effectiveness. I have come across a water filtration system known as "Pi water" filtration. Supposedly developed in Japan, combines the filtration methods of charcoal, magnetism, and different minerals. So if I understod correctly, it removes toxins from your water leaves you with mineral rich water to drink. I have come across a company called Nikken, whether famous or infamous I leave for you to decide. If anyone has had any experiences with this water filtration system, or if you simply know the hard facts about it, I would highly appreciate your comments.

If you have an idea of what would be the best water system other than what I have listed, please share this as well. I am in sort of a bind trying to switch from bottled water to something healthier, and at the same time I don't want to invest in a poor quality or non effective water system.

Thanks in advance for all responses! :D

larryberry

I would be interested to hear this as well. There is so much out there on what kind of water we should drink it is boggleing my mind