Partly numb leg ankle and foot ?

jpop

Hi, looking for some help to try and diagnose this problem i have please.....

About 3 months ago i woke up for work and started walking and found my ankle had become a bit dead :shock: From the side of my calf i have a pins and needles sensation running to my outside ankle where it is completely numb then a pins and needles sensation as it spreads across my outside foot heading to my big toe, the rest of my calf ankle and foot are fine feeling completely normal.

I got sent by the Doctor to get an MRI scan thinking it may be something Sciatica related but the results came back fine, i got sent to the stroke department at the hospital and they don't think it is a stroke because the way i can move the rest of my leg and my overall condition.

So i am left here 3 months later with a floppy foot tripping up and not allowed to drive.

Anybody got any ideas to what this condition could be? I was thinking it could be a pinched nerve but surely the doctors would have said that to me?

Also done 4 blood tests in the last month and had no results back.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers.

Beach Man

It sounds like you may very well have pinched a nerve by turning or twisting in your bed while asleep. One of my aunts had the nickname of "Squeeky" because from the time she was an infant she had such a high pitched voice no one could understand what she was trying to say. It wasn't until my grandfather took her to a chiropractor that she finally obtained a normal speaking voice after just one spinal adjustment by the chiropractor!
I suggest you make an appointment with one ASAP.

jpop

It sounds like you may very well have pinched a nerve by turning or twisting in your bed while asleep. One of my aunts had the nickname of "Squeeky" because from the time she was an infant she had such a high pitched voice no one could understand what she was trying to say. It wasn't until my grandfather took her to a chiropractor that she finally obtained a normal speaking voice after just one spinal adjustment by the chiropractor!
I suggest you make an appointment with one ASAP.
Thank you,:)
I will do that, i have someone in mind that could help. Cheers

jaminhealth

OP: Could be a ligament tendon issue going on. I have a right foot especially issue but I know it's arthritic and from a hip replacement complications of the surgery. And I'm 80. I wear an ankle support and just ordered a bottle of Solomon's Seal for ligament and tendon strengthening which I just posted above here. Read the info and see if you fit anywhere there.

Ajax

I had a similar problem. I have exercised regularly for over 30 years and have a lot of muscle mass. Normal socks will choke my feet and cause numbness. I wear diabetic socks even though I don't have diabetes because they are loose fit. My numbness diasappeared when I did something as simple as change socks.