Oily Foods....

nasir019

Banned
Every single day we eat various foods. These foods contain vast amount of oil and oil is the main cause of heart disease.That is why we should avoid having oily food to control the heart disease...

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Staff member
There are healthy oils like coconut oil and extra virgin organic olive oil, that are healthy for you...not to mention omega3 fish oils.

maitaman

In direct heart disease, possibly true, though I wouldn't go so far as "insignificant" Oils/fats are more in the circulatory system end. It is, like so many things, a combination thing. There is no "one size fits all" here.

maitaman

I might agree with this if it wasn't from unreviewed sources. Information from one source or from anecdotal statistics must be researched before I will accept them. The "except for transfats" - which are the fats stated in most of the old information as being the real culprit - makes me wary of gobbling up a lot of fats from this incomplete information. The direct causes of what most think of as heart diseases is more from what happens in the veins and arteries, which means fats are very far from insignificant. An occlusion can result in what is commonly called a heart attack. It is not a place where the danger is restricted only to the heart itself.
Show me the backup research that includes the whole problem, not just one area.
I feel this kind of thing without explanatory information results in feeling secure that such as eating a lot of fats, so long as they are not transfats will not cause what is commonly caller "heart attack." This is only partial, and is, in my opinion, not a good thing to present without connective information.