Niacin, or B12, Has Been a Near Game-changer for Me, but I "m

Noitartst

I have found niacin to make me less obsessive, more relaxed, maybe too relaxed. I feel less cold, and my fingers, especially.

Altering my diet has made me more flexible, but I still stress easy, and cannot focus for long periods, of time, or follow complex rules, well. My aspergers funnel gets easily foulded, and I hoping to find some supplements, for that.

Also, I have found that my thyroid may be an issue, and I was hoping to find supplements, for that.

Any ideas? Sorry my thoughts are garbled, but I need someone to talk to.

DavyKOTWF

How many mg are you taking a day?
I just ordered some myself since I don't think am getting enough through my food.
Intend on taking 100mg to 300mg per day, probably an average of 200mg.

Noitartst

Original Poster
I tried taking the flush niacin, but bought the other one by accident, but boy, has it made a difference! I feel far more relaxed, and above all, physically warmer.

I take, for the record, 1,000 mgs in the morning and evening, 2000 total.

DavyKOTWF

You must mean 100mg not 1000?
Just got mine yesterday and took for the first time.
Got that intense flush for the first time in my life. My face sure feels warmer.
Am hopeful for good results.

Have you tried glutathione? It's the mother of all antioxidants; for detoxing too.

Noitartst

Original Poster
500mgs a pill, and I normally take two or four at once, but I've gotten less reaction with the niacinamide capsules than the nicotinic acid in tablets, of all things. niacinamide has produced little in flushing, and I started with nicotinic acid; maybe I've developed a tolerance, or else I just need a ton of niacin. Thoughts?

DavyKOTWF

Over my head then. I thought 300-400mg was a huge amount.
I've read the non flushing niacin is not nearly as effective.

jfh

perpetual student
Flush free (Inositol Hexanicotinate) should be alright. Slow release is not very good though. It makes the liver work longer on the toxic exposure, causing high release of liver enzymes over a longer period. If you find Inositol Hexanicotinate, the niacin will be released from the inositol slowly and avoid the high enzyme release from the liver. This form should be alright for you. Other forms of flush free are not so good.

If you are concerned about the flush during the day, just change your schedule and take it at night, before bed. After a while, you will get use to it, and the body won't flush so badly. Some people are satisfied by taking a small amount and working up.

I would not personally take anything other than the regular niacin. I believe it is helpful for my blood pressure among other things.

Noitartst

Original Poster
I agree; the slow release upsets my stomach, unlike the regular niacin.