Natural treatment for stroke

StrokeHelp

Hi,

Has anyone heard of a natural treatment called neuroaid to recover from a stroke? And does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks.

Ted_Hutchinson

Safety profile of MLC601 (Neuroaid) in acute ischemic stroke patients: A Singaporean substudy of the Chinese medicine neuroaid efficacy on stroke recovery study
RESULTS: There were no statistically or clinically significant differences between treatment groups in biochemical, hematological or electrocardiogram tests at month 3, nor any statistically or clinically significant differences in the absolute and relative changes of the various parameters between baseline and 3 months. SAEs were similar and were those commonly seen in stroke patients.
CONCLUSIONS: Longer-term laboratory safety data show no differences between MLC601 and placebo, confirming the safety of MLC601 in acute stroke patients receiving a 3-month treatment.
I think you may do better with Melatonin + Resveratrol

StrokeHelp

Original Poster
Thank you.
This study is not on the efficacy of the treatment however.
It is on the security of the treatment and shows neuroaid is as safe as a placebo, with no effect on biochemical or hematological parameters.

Ted_Hutchinson

Thank you.
This study is not on the efficacy of the treatment however.
It is on the security of the treatment and shows neuroaid is as safe as a placebo, with no effect on biochemical or hematological parameters.
But if you cannot measure any biochemical or hematological improvement how can you be sure it's having any effect apart from possibly psychological.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
If I had a stroke and had neuological damage I would be doing daily intramuscular injections of B12. for at least one month, then 3 xweek for a month then weekly for a month till well. methylcobalamine type B12.. there is a good book on Amazon about B12 written by a nurse..

pinballdoctor

Hi,

Has anyone heard of a natural treatment called neuroaid to recover from a stroke? And does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks.
The best advice I could give to someone who just had a stroke would be Hyperbaric oxygen therapy. There are multiple studies showing great benefit.