Natural Remedies for Fibromyalgia.

revzen

Hi All you Caring Folk,

my wife is going through a rough time, has been for a few yrs. She's not big on seeing the man in a suit also known as a doctor or taking prescription drugs!

One of her conditions is Fibromyalgia. She would appreciate any suggestions regarding natural remedies which have worked for you. So please do tell us about what has or hasn't worked for you, we appreciate what may work for one person may not work for another.

My wife has just begun taking the following capsules:-

ginger
turmeric
cinnamon
garlic

and she is also taking Serrepatese.

Her diet is about to undergo a major change due to her other conditions, but for this thread we want to keep it about fibramyalgia.

Thanking you in advance.

Namaste,

rev

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Staff member
I have an elderly woman friend who was having issues with Fibromyalgia. She didn't have much money, so I bought her a bottle of Source Naturals Magnesium Malate, as I read that it was useful for Fibro.

Well, soon after she started taking it, she reported that it was very helpful for her pain, and she felt much better. Unfortunately she didn't have the financial resources to continue buying the supplement on her own.

She was soon put on so many other prescription meds for her other problems, she hesitated to take any supplements or vitamins, due to interactions.

She did finish the large bottle, and was pleasantly surprised at the relief from her Fibromyalgia...http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1204/

Wishing the best for your wife.

JanH

I have suffered with fibro for over a decade. While I'm not totally OK and may never be, I've gotten a great deal of relief from pain, stiffness, and the sick feeling from upper cervical chiropractic treatment. I don't know if all fibro is caused by the same underlying reasons, but both chiropractors I've been treated by say ALL the fibro sufferers they've treated have been either totally cured or at least greatly helped. Certainly worth looking into.

revzen

Original Poster
Many thanks for all your suggestions. My wife has H Pylori, and couldn't tolerate the anti biotic regime as it made her feel much, much worse. She found Mastic Gum quite helpful but made the mistake of coming off it too quickly, and she is contemplating returning and taking a three month course. She was diagnosed with H pylori after undergoing a Gastroscopy a couple of years ago, this after suffering medical negligence for two years after the doctor confessed he hadn't read her blood results properly! My wife has no faith in the doctor or hospitals(yet more medical mishaps) and we are looking to seeing a herbalist or homeopath, but until we do we are researching possible natural remedies/aids. A visit to the chiropractor is a possibility as a friend of ours knows of one close by.

After a week of not being able to eat she has managed to have a run of 'good' days and has eaten without any real bad reactions. Normally upon waking she has a bout of vomiting and then after 30 mins settles down, but then she is visiting the toilet due to her IBS.

So this week is a 'better' week!

Mastic Gum:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastic_(plant_resin)#Medicinal_use

We'll definitely look into all the suggestions.

Namaste,

revzen

May try a Terminator Zapper too.

revzen

Original Poster
Forgot to ask!

Any suggestions for achy leg syndrome! My wife suffers with full body ache syndrome!

Namaste,

rev

jfh

perpetual student
Staff member
Full body aches are part of the Fibromyalgia syndrome. So does gluten sensitivity.

Try change of diet for the gluten sensitivity. Try magnesium for muscle relaxation. And as Solstice Goat says --- MSM for sulfur supplementation.

revzen

Original Poster
jhf and Solstice Goat,

thanks for the info and suggestions.

jfh, yes we know about the link with fibromyalgia and full body ache. We are trying to remove certain ingredients from our diet, but it is an ongoing process. But if we can find something which gives relief for this problem it'll be a bonus!

I am looking into MSM and DMSO right now! Thanks for the link!

Namaste,

rev

revzen

Original Poster
Going to purchase 250g of MSM. Having read up on it I am impressed! Will also benefit me, so its a bonus!

Namaste,

rev

revzen

Original Poster
Today the MSM arrived, and I duly mixed 1 teaspoon in a glass of water and drank it. Taste was a little 'tart' if that be the right word! But I've tasted worse! I know for a fact that my wife won't tolerate the taste in water so I'll be making her some capsules, phew that was a good investment!

I must add that today has been a better day for my wife, her best in two weeks; one of which saw her eat very little, and boy did I feel helpless. Its heartbreaking seeing the one you love suffer in such a manner. So when a good day comes I join in the celebrations:D

I'd like to add that Maca Powder is helping me a great deal! So maybe I'm onto a good hit list of spices to take!

My daily intake - and my wife's.

Garlic
Ginger
Cinnamon
Maca
Turmeric

and tomorrow I'll be adding MSM in capsule form. And, Slippery Elm too - separate capsules though!

Big Love to you All :D

Namaste,

rev

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Staff member
Happy to hear your wife is having a good day, she's lucky to have you by her side caring for her, you're a good husband. :) Can she take the MSM with juice, like a small amount of grape or apple juice...might be better than water.

Wishing you both the best!

revzen

Original Poster
Happy to hear your wife is having a good day, she's lucky to have you by her side caring for her, you're a good husband. :) Can she take the MSM with juice, like a small amount of grape or apple juice...might be better than water.

Wishing you both the best!
Blessings to you k2c. Will try the apple juice when we are next out shopping, but for now it'll be the capsule route. I can take almost anything, but my wife, alas has a delicate constitution; so we tread carefully!

When we first met I was recovering from two operations(removal of large colon and reconstruction of small colon into ileo anal pouch), my wife had left me and I was ready for a life as a recluse! I could not see how a relationship would work with my bathroom regime(can be on the 'throne' for 5 and 6 hours), no one would put up with that! Gladly I was wrong!

Here we are 8 yrs later and still going strong! Teamwork and lots of laughter too! My religion is Laughter! Each day I make sure I have a good laugh, great tonic! I just want to help those who need help in any way I can, for as long as my body will allow!

Namaste,

rev

Angelyca

The best ways to ease Fibromyalgia pain are exercises and sleep medication, yet acupuncture appears to be beneficial. Has your wife ever tried herbal medicines like carminative or anodyne herbs?

revzen

Original Poster
The best ways to ease Fibromyalgia pain are exercises and sleep medication, yet acupuncture appears to be beneficial. Has your wife ever tried herbal medicines like carminative or anodyne herbs?
Hi Angelyca,

my wife is taking the following:-

Devils Claw
Grapeseed
Vit D3
Agnus Castus
B5
B12
Ginko

and today more will be added. The above have helped her and she has felt much better. But she is currently in the middle of a bad flare up with toothache like pain in both arms and also lower back. This is now entering day 7 and this is a bad one, she is tired and worn out because of the constant pain and she has not been getting any rest as what little sleep she does get doesn't equate to much. I have ordered 5 HTP today and hope this will help, although I've read it can take 2 weeks to get into the system, which is frustrating if true!

Today she will be adding selenium, magnesium and zinc to her daily regime. I have asked her to see a lady herbalist but she is so out of sorts she refuses! I do what I can but I'm an amateur and would much prefer her to see a professional - but I'll keep on trying to encourage her to see this lady.

If you have any suggestions as to a natural pain killer which works that would be most appreciated! This fibromyalgia is a daily torturer and my heart goes out to all who have to endure its punishing inflictions.

Thanks for responding.

revzen

Original Poster
Well fingers and thumbs coming out of joint, my wife's shoulder has also come out ! Her internal temperature regulator is broken, and when she is feeling cold I am usually warm; even when it feels like a sauna she can feel cold, its quite an adventure living with fibromyalgia. It appears I may also have it !

I'd love to hear from any sufferers who take natural remedies to help them with this debilitating illness.

Thanks.

JanH

I haven't heard about joints coming undone or feeling cold in relation to fibro. Those aren't two of my problems with it. Muscle pain, joint pain, bone pain, sleep disruption, fatigue are generally the difficulties experienced. An excellent chiropractor may well be of help in nerve healing. Dr. Joel D. Wallach (of Youngevity fame) says fibro is caused by mineral deficiency. I also read recently that it's caused by damage done to our bodies by vaccines. I suspect not all fibro is caused by just one thing in everyone, so not one solution. I think we who suffer with it will never be totally OK, but I try to maintain hope. I'm better than I was about six years ago.

revzen

Original Poster
I haven't heard about joints coming undone or feeling cold in relation to fibro. Those aren't two of my problems with it. Muscle pain, joint pain, bone pain, sleep disruption, fatigue are generally the difficulties experienced. An excellent chiropractor may well be of help in nerve healing. Dr. Joel D. Wallach (of Youngevity fame) says fibro is caused by mineral deficiency. I also read recently that it's caused by damage done to our bodies by vaccines. I suspect not all fibro is caused by just one thing in everyone, so not one solution. I think we who suffer with it will never be totally OK, but I try to maintain hope. I'm better than I was about six years ago.

She has those symptoms too. I have a condition which keeps me awake at night and I often have toast and soup, a minute or so after the bread has been put in the toaster she wakes up and asks for a slice ! Yes she can go through the range of sleepless nights and interrupted sleep, and then have a few good nights. The fatigue is something I too can understand as I suffer with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The finger/joints coming out of joint has been happening for 2 years, often its very painful. I've just started my wife on Green Lipped Muscle Capsules as it has good reviews by people who have arthritis/joint pain.

JanH

Yes, I've never understood why the symptoms vary from day to day so much AND why some symptoms seem to disappear for awhile, then suddenly return for no apparent reason. Years ago, when I first started chiropractic treatment, my knees were very painful. They were one of the first things that greatly improved, then six months or so ago they started hurting again. Vertigo is another one that disappears for months, then suddenly returns. I sometimes feel like aliens have invaded my body!!!

revzen

Original Poster
It is a nightmare of an illness as each day brings a new chalenge. My wife has IBS & H Pylori, so she has gut issues, which I'm thinking a plant based enzyme is worth trying.

My wife's mum had MS, and we need to get my wife checked for that.

Last year she had a thunderclap headache which required hospital treatment, they did a lumbar puncture which she later regretted having as it took three months to recover from !

And with my illnesses we make quite the couple ! Mr & Mrs Falling Apart :shock:

GreenEyedLady

Get a juicer!

What helps me when I get a Cluster Headache is making some fruit juice along with an inch sized piece of ginger root will knock it out in no more than 5 minutes plus it has many health benefits!

If I had become a Doctor I would be sending my patients home with a juicer, gift certificate to a Natural foods store, and an exercise ball :kiss:

Mugdha

There are a lot of natural remedies that help. You need to decide what symptoms you need help with and search online for that product. I have gone organic, I drink Yerba Mate tea that helps with energy, I take Nootropics for mental focus, I use essential oils like Eucalyptus, peppermint and tea tree oil in Dr Bronners Castile Soap for bathing, melatonin for sleep, and vitamins for health. Vitamin D is also very important. Malic Acid and Magnesium are very helpful for muscle pain and fatigue, oregano oil and colloidal silver are both potent antiviral and antibiotic, and beta glucan is an immune modulator.

HTML:
 https://www.thefitindian.com/tea-tree-oil-uses-benefits/

JanH

I've had fibromyalgia for at least 20 years and, aside from chiropractic treatment, nothing much has helped. I recently read that low dopamine levels may contribute to fibro. Five weeks ago I started on LifeExtension's Dopa-Mind and it has been like a miracle for fibro pain and stiffness, has given me zero negative side effects, AND it's beginning to help some of my Parkinson's-like symptoms too! I got it at Amazon for $25.82/bottle of 60, but LifeExtension's website currently has the $44 bottle on sale for only $22, so might be a good time to give it a try. Hope it helps others as much as it's helped me.