Muscle-Building Foods

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
Top 25 healthy muscle building foods

1. Water - although this one isn't actually a food it certainly is the most important item on this list, as muscle tissue is comprised of over 75 percent water
2. Whey protein concentrate - the most complete amino acid profile among any food
3. Pea protein powder - a very complete protein source; great for vegans
4. Free range organic eggs - next to whey protein, contains the highest concentration of essential amino acids
5. Raw milk - a protein and vitamin rich food known for its muscle building properties
6. Bison - higher in protein than beef and are not confined to feedlots
7. Free range organic chicken breast - rich in glutamine and other essential amino acids
8. Grass fed organic beef - grass fed beef is much higher in CLA, which aids in body composition
9. Fish - wild salmon and tilapia are among the best; avoid tuna due to high mercury levels
10. Turkey - a very lean protein source
11. Nuts - walnuts, Brazil nuts and almonds are among the best
12. Oysters - great for naturally boosting testosterone levels
13. Beans - a very slow digesting carbohydrate high in zinc and fiber
14. Oats - steel cut are best but old fashioned work too; avoid quick oats
15. Peanut butter - high in healthy fats and protein and low in carbohydrates
16. Cottage cheese - very low in sugar and high in protein
17. Yogurt - Greek yogurt is best
18. Bananas - a potassium and vitamin rich food
19. Avocados - very rich in unsaturated fatty acids
20. Healthy oils - olive oil, coconut oil, walnut oil, hemp oil, flax seed oil as well as others
21. Spinach- other green leafy vegetables offer similar benefits
22. Broccoli - a superfood vegetable; others include tomatoes, kale, cauliflower and bok choy
23. Berries - high in antioxidants and many other vitamins necessary for muscle growth
24. Quinoa and brown rice - both are rich in B vitamins and slow digesting
25. Apples and other fruit - high in fiber which cleanses the system and allows for better nutrient absorption
I like that list.

Be careful with the peanut butter and the tilapia. MOST forms are dangerous. Oats aren't so good either, but definitely avoid quick or rolled oats.

Living Food

When you start doing it...YOU KEEP DOING IT!

It does require organization and having a number of different jars + trays going at a time, but you quickly get the hang of it and it becomes second nature. Just start slowly so you don't get overwhelmed and take it from there.

You know, I'm doing very little exercise these days [I know, I know, and I wish I could be doing more but I'm doing so many things at once already, I have a time deficit even though I only sleep a few hours a night], but I'm still gaining muscle like crazy...I wouldn't believe it if I couldn't see it happening.

Try drinking 16-24 oz of sprout juice and taking 1-2 tbsp of algae right after exercising and you'll be amazed at what happens.

Question for you: do you cook your meat + eggs or eat them raw?

Living Food

Note: green juice is not green juice is not green juice. There is a major difference between the greens you buy at a store (horrible quality, I wouldn't even bother with them), greens you grow yourself and juice immediately afterwards (good but could be better) and juicing green sprouts that are still alive and growing up to the moment you squeeze the blood...erm...juice out of them.

See my posts in this thread for the reason why (also my past posts in many other threads), but I could also reiterate them if you want.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
When you start doing it...YOU KEEP DOING IT!

It does require organization and having a number of different jars + trays going at a time, but you quickly get the hang of it and it becomes second nature. Just start slowly so you don't get overwhelmed and take it from there.

You know, I'm doing very little exercise these days [I know, I know, and I wish I could be doing more but I'm doing so many things at once already, I have a time deficit even though I only sleep a few hours a night], but I'm still gaining muscle like crazy...I wouldn't believe it if I couldn't see it happening.

Try drinking 16-24 oz of sprout juice and taking 1-2 tbsp of algae right after exercising and you'll be amazed at what happens.

Question for you: do you cook your meat + eggs or eat them raw?

Meat is medium rare; same for eggs.

Most of the white is solid, most of the yolk is runny. Most meat is lamb, ALL eggs are cage free organic.

I believe you on the muscle because the same thing is happening for me; losing visceral fat give you an automatic testosterone boost. :cool:

Furthermore, fueling properly allows us to capitalize better on whatever exercise we are doing. :D

Remember; Eight day rotations: One day do intervals, one day do lifting, six days move about slowly. Moving slowly is a walk, gardening, picking up laundry, etc.

Oh, new knowledge: Avoid commercial greens during the winter, even the organic. They're grown in the Southwest with water out of the lower Colorado which is high in perchlorate (rocket fuel). :(

Living Food

Oh, new knowledge: Avoid commercial greens during the winter, even the organic. They're grown in the Southwest with water out of the lower Colorado which is high in perchlorate (rocket fuel).
I don't buy any commercial greens. Actually I haven't bought food in a supermarket for a VERY long time, I grow it all myself (I buy the seeds online though).

Remember; Eight day rotations: One day do intervals, one day do lifting, six days move about slowly. Moving slowly is a walk, gardening, picking up laundry, etc.
Interesting. Seems a little to little to me.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
Interesting. Seems a little to little to me.

By about 25% if you're a top-tier athlete. But top tier athletes are never truly at 100% because they suffer with joint injuries, muscle sprains, etc.

"The piper exacts a heavy toll." ;)

Optimum health will not be at optimum physical performance. Sisson talks about this on his blog. You must also remember that his Fourth place finish in the Hawaiian triathlon was achieved using the methods he prescribes for everyday health and fitness. :cool: