lodged kidney stone in friend

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
A woman I walk her dog
G was telling me she went to er with pain in back and a stone was found stuck. She had a stent put in and was sent home with a strainer for urine and scripts of cipro and flowmax.
Then I began to read about cipro. I don't know what to say. I even read the stent is no picnic but necessary due to an infection. She says she is OK. Pressure to go is constant. Blood in urine. Now loose stools from cipro.
This doesn't sound good.
I told her find another doctor and get off that cipro.
Read that flowmax is for prostate??
I am concerned for her. She is otherwise healthy. First time with any infection or stone she is aware of.
I just don't know about this one.

liverock

All that is normal allopathic treatment for a blocked stone. The Cipro is an antibiotic for bacterial infection and the Flowmax is an alpha blocker to increase urine flow and help to flush out the stone. Its also quite normal to have a certain amount of bleeding with a stent.

She musnt take any magnesium or aluminium antacids whilst on Cipro as they are antagonistic to Cipro and would prevent it healing any infection.

There are various natural treatments for kidney stones such as lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, but if there is a bacterial infection it needs treating at the same time. This is why its always better to get examined by a doctor before self treating kidney stones.