kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I love kiwis and buy them often for a healthy snack, here's a good article about their benefits...

Kiwis are an extraordinary and underappreciated fruit. They’re low in calories, rich in nutrients and suitable for just about anyone – including many diabetics. The medical literature is replete with examples of why we should all consider eating more of this exotic fruit. For starters, several recent studies reveal that eating kiwi fruits daily effectively: lowers diastolic blood pressure by 9 mm Hg and systolic blood pressure by 10 mm Hg; improves circulation by inhibiting platelet aggregation; and elevates HDL (“good”) cholesterol. These findings are very encouraging, but not altogether unexpected.

Kiwis are an abundant source of cardioprotective nutrients (fiber, potassium and Vitamin K) and potent antioxidants (lutein, Vitamin C and zeaxanthin), which theoretically should benefit heart health. The difference now is that we have scientific evidence to confirm this assumption.

The cardiovascular benefits conferred by kiwis is reason enough to recommend them. But, what’s truly fascinating is the sheer breadth of their health promoting potential. Current research reports that eating kiwis daily: 1) reduces the duration and severity of upper respiratory tract infections; 2) benefits sleep quality by hastening sleep onset; 3) regulates reproductive hormones and symptoms relating to peri-menopause; 4) enhances the absorption of dietary and supplemental iron; 5) gently relieves constipation in various populations including children and those with irritable bowel syndrome; 6) improves lung function in youngsters with wheezing symptoms; 7) supports healthier vision thanks to high concentrations of antioxidant carotenoids.

Full Article w/informative links here: https://www.healthyfellow.com/1069/ki...ons/#more-1069
(more about kiwis...https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Kiwi_Fruit)

JustAli

Thanks for that! I was somewhat familiar with most of these, but not #6, which is really good to know! The only other good natural solution I have for wheezing and asthma is black coffee, which isn't such a great idea for kids! ;)

jfh

perpetual student
The only other good natural solution I have for wheezing and asthma is black coffee, which isn't such a great idea for kids! ;)
Good point JustAli (and welcome the the forum). I know for a fact, due to personal experience with an asthmatic friend, that black coffee will save a life.