Itchy spot on my leg (photo)

About a month ago this spot came on the lower end of my leg. Close to my foot. See photo below:

It's rough to the touch. It generally doesn't bother me, but it itches a little. And if I touch it, then it itches quite a lot. But I can't exactly scratch it well. You can see that reddish area there, in the photo. I scratched there once a bit harder and it made a little wound/bled a bit.

So what is this? What can I do to get rid of it?

Thanks

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Sounds and looks like a typical bug bite, although I don't know why it would be there for a month unless maybe it keeps scabbing over from scratching, which would account for the roughness. I've had luck a few times putting lavender oil on my itchy bug bites.

Rubbing some coconut oil on it several times a day may help the skin to heal, it is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, etc.

There's no foreign object in there? Did you check, does it feel like something is under the skin?

Original Poster
Yeah I doubt it's a bug bite. As you said, it's been there too long. Unless it's a sneaky bug that always comes and bites in the same spot while I'm sleeping haha.

There's nothing under there for sure. That area is just rough.

And it just so happens I have some coconut oil sitting around. So I'll do that.

What do you suggest? Apply once in the morning and once before bed? Or apply multiple times a day, the more the better?

mintymoon

it looks dry. don't you think it's related to eczema?

Original Poster
So just to update. I used coconut oil for about a week daily, and while it did help with itching, it did not reduce the problem.

Then I bought a creme from the drugstore for $1 dollar :D

This one: https://mediately.co/rs/drugs/310oGeFOeslKF2YC6QJdyrSL7Pi/sinoderm-0-25mg-g-krem#packagings

And used it for 7 days (it's the maximum allowed), and it cleared it up by about 95%. It's still not perfect, but it's almost completely gone. No more itching or any problems with it anymore.

p.s sorry, I can't find the English version on that creme. Use Google translate if you want to understand what's written on the page.

Original Poster
I can't believe it's been 3 years since I started this thread. I still have this, and it's bigger now than in my original photo.

IMG_20200811_071650_1.jpg

To recap.

This thing appeared about 3 years ago. Soon after I went to Greece for 10 days, and it went away. Then I came back home and it returned. Then I purchased the creme I mentioned in my previous post, and it went away again for as long as I was using it. When I stopped using it, it returned. I've been using coconut oil ever since, and it helps with the itching, but it doesn't make it go away at all.

Yesterday I used honey on it for the first time, and it looks better, and it doesn't itch at all. I have a feeling honey is having a better effect on it than coconut oil.

In any case, it's been 40 days since I started going healthy living again (after 7 years of super unhelathy living), and I'm hoping this starts going away soon as I make changes and improve my life.

I don't know what this is, but I think it's eczema, and I think it's because of a chronic overgrowth of candida. The body suffers, inflammation happens. And seeing as it didn't go away after 3 years, it's not one of those things that comes and goes. Something is wrong, and until it's corrected this will remain.

I'm planning to go to a detmatologist soon, to get a diagnosis, and get some sort of creme to apply on the area, and also something for candida/fungus/oral thrush, like a pill or a swish and swallow kinda liquid.

Will update on the progress...

Attachments

jfh

perpetual student
I have a patch like that on my abdomen. Not diagnosed. I've found nothing to fix it. I'm treating it like eczema and using an over the counter oatmeal based creme which is normally used for eczema. Not working, but helping with the itch. So, let us know what you discover. It could help others.

Original Poster
Yeah man, definitely will report back.

I found a dermatologist who worked for many years in the USA, and I called to make an appointment, but unfortunately he's in the US until October, so now I have to decide whether to wait or go elsewhere.

I don't want to go elsewhere. I want to go to this guy, hopefully the USA modern knowledge and American professionalism rubbed off on him, and we can get some things done.

Anyway, I'll see what I'm gonna do. I'll report what happens, definitely :)