Is it called sleep paralysis?

ahsanhabibcx

I'm not sure where to post this question, but my wife and I are looking for a solution
This sounds like sleep paralysis. I experienced something similar two nights in a row a little over a year ago. In my case, after falling asleep with my girlfriend at the time, I awoke but was not certain if I was awake because I could see the room, my girlfriend and all with clarity but I could not move or speak. The first night it happened, I believe I succumbed to it and fell back asleep.
When it happened again the next night, I struggled with it. Firstly I tried to bump my girlfriend with my head to wake her up. That failing, I continued to fight it like it was a spirit trying to possess me and me mentally willed it to leave me. I am totally depressed about it and looking for the solution.

Senex

I'm not sure where to post this question, but my wife and I are looking for a solution
This sounds like sleep paralysis. I experienced something similar two nights in a row a little over a year ago. In my case, after falling asleep with my girlfriend at the time, I awoke but was not certain if I was awake because I could see the room, my girlfriend and all with clarity but I could not move or speak. The first night it happened, I believe I succumbed to it and fell back asleep.
When it happened again the next night, I struggled with it. Firstly I tried to bump my girlfriend with my head to wake her up. That failing, I continued to fight it like it was a spirit trying to possess me and me mentally willed it to leave me. I am totally depressed about it and looking for the solution.
Yes, that would be sleep paralysis. I had it as a teenager. Trust me there are worse things, which I will not mention, least they stick in your head. You already found the solution. Don't fight it, just go back to sleep. Like the old joke says 'its a case of mind over matter--if you don't mind it don't matter'. Its only a big deal if you make it a big deal. Its not a spirit possessing you anymore than a sleepwalker is possessed, or an epileptic is possessed. Its just how your brain works.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Staff member
I've only heard of the condition by listening to the Coast to Coast radio show with George Noory, luckily I never have had the experience, but if I did I think having some knowledge about it is a big plus.