Improving Digestion Naturally

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Some tips for healthy digestion...

Foods that are naturally fermented help inoculate the gut with healthy microbial species. Homemade sauerkraut, kombucha, coconut water kefir, and kimchi are great. Fermented dairy products from grass-fed cows/goats are highly advisable. These include amasai, fermented whey drinks & raw cheese. Often times a probiotic supplement with bio-diverse range of cultures and over 50 billion colony forming units is advisable.

Non-denatured whey protein from grass-fed cows is also very good for rebuilding the gut. Whey is loaded with L-glutamine and enhances cellular glutathione stores which are both needed to repair the intestinal wall and de-inflame the body. Powerful herbs such as turmeric, g garlic, onion, rosemary, & oregano among others should be used as much as possible to improve immune coordination.

Carminatives are herbs that stimulate the digestive system to work better. These herbs contain a high content of volatile oils that are effective at expelling gas and easing griping pains from the stomach and intestines. They also tone the mucous surfaces & increase peristaltic action within the esophagus, stomach. This peristaltic action propels food and wastes through the system.

Learn more: https://www.naturalnews.com/036351_digestion_remedies_solutions.html#ixzz1zODFBFMO

Gnomenclature

Hm, naturally fermented pickles too? I was thinking about putting up some of these this season. Kirby cucumbers are readily available by me. I have an old Mennonite cookbook that has some good-looking recipes for many varieties of pickles.

Gnomenclature

Thanks, Kind!

Last year I put up some dill pickles, but they were the sort you add vinegar to, not the naturally fermented kind. It's the season here for pickling cukes, so I guess I know what I'm going to be starting on next week. :)