Husband in excruciating pain

mommysunshine

My husband threw up several days ago. It caused a burn along one side of his throat and into his ear. Right now his jaw is killing him.

I've given him mullien/garlic ear drops and placed a castor oil pack along his ear and neck. I don't know if I'm making it worse or how else to help him.

I don't know what else to do?

I'll be giving him some ginger capsules, cod liver oil and broth in the next couple minutes. Hopefully someone will come along with some ideas.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Just an idea, if it was burning, I think of acid reflux. May not help his ear or jaw, but 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (aluminum free) would help to assure that this doesn't happen again until he's healed. If it were my hubby, I'd go for it, don't think it can hurt.

jfh

perpetual student
Baking soda in water will help acid build up for sure. This was a few days ago when it happened so maybe honey and lemon in water, just like you would handle a sore throat with a cold. The honey might help with inflammation or infection.

mommysunshine

Original Poster
Thanks guys. A couple weeks have passed and I did try the lemon and honey drink. He drank some baking soda too. Perhaps I didn't give it to him long enough.

Things are still not good. He's eaten very little for over two weeks. He's so thin to start with. He has no appetite and has to lie down for a couple hours after he eats. He's off work this week for a holiday vacation - thank goodness.

Today has been awful with severe and persistent hiccups. This is new. He coughs a bit too. He doesn't have phlegm or any signs of infection. And he says there's no tickling or irritating feeling in his throat. He just coughs.

Every day I think he'll be better but it's taking so long. Eating is such a chore for him. He's skin and bones.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Well if the acid is gone I dont know if the baking soda will still help but you can try. You need to do something that heals burns...

I would try some MMS. They say mms is great for heat and chemical burns.

Or I'd be looking a slippery elm bark tea and marshmallow herb
http://www.anniesremedy.com/herb_detail133.php

mommysunshine

Original Poster
I would try some MMS. They say mms is great for heat and chemical burns.

Or I'd be looking a slippery elm bark tea and marshmallow herb
http://www.anniesremedy.com/herb_detail133.php
Yes, I think it was a chemical burn. He's no longer in pain but has mini dry coughs during the evening. MMS for chemical burns? Thanks. Oh, that just reminded me of hearing about colloidal silver having a powerful affect on healing burns too.

Sounds like it could be gallbladder trouble. Check for any of these symptoms:

http://www.gallbladderdetox.com/gall-bladder-symptoms

I would ask a doctor to do an ultrasound of his abdomen to rule it out
He threw up because he was in the process of doing a gallbladder flush but didn't follow the details correctly. He waited too long before laying down and he took more oil than he was accustomed to.