How to fight a gum infection?

Applepop303

My wisdom teeth are coming in and a bit of my gum tore open and now I have a little white and red sore on my gums. I really don't want it to get to the point where I have to go to my dentist and get antibiotics because I get really bad side effects with them. And I am just about to go on a holiday trip... Is there any way I could fight this naturally?

I was thinking of oil pulling with coconut oil, has anyone had experience with this for fighting an infection?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks. :wave:

blueslite

Gum infection

About 50+ years ago, when I was a teenager, a dentist told me to mix 1/3 hydrogen peroxide with 2/3 water to rinse my mouth twice a day. I've used it ever since for toothaches or any problems with my gums, mouth in general. It works very well. Just don't swallow it. You only need a small amount, just enough to rinse twice.

Hope2346

If you can find it, try powdered myrrh -
It has helped many folks with gum and tooth issues (and skin issues)
The myrrh essential oil might be useful too - but that powdered myrrh is amazing.

jaminhealth

For general overall gum health, Grape Seed Extract is a miracle. I take it daily for for a couple decades... For a problem area I have myrrh tincture always on hand.

DivyaVr

You should go for the gentle circular motions for cleaning the teeth and the gums effectively. Many people use the back and forth motion which can irritate and also damage the gums. You should not only concentrate on brushing the teeth but also the gums. You should start brushing along the gum line where the teeth and the gum meets. There can be a lot of bacteria nesting in that region