How to Decrease Temperature by Two Degrees?

Noitartst

I hear you can radically increase lifespan by two degrees, and that would be 96.6 Fahrenheit, right?

I was wondering, because I was thinking; is there a way to drop your temperature into the increased-longevity range, without caloric restriction (or a bum thyroid, and just feeling grouchy? I've been around 99 degrees most my life, but it's now regularly under 98, and I feel great.

I've been taking 10,000 IUs of Vitamin D daily, swallowing two tablespoons of coconut oil, and 1 teaspoon of vitamin C ascorbate with of grapessed extract, coupled with an inexact amount of chopped garlic, about a teaspoon, too.

Most stop at this level, given they just wanna avoid stroke, but I think I can do better; I feel blame good, and want to see just how far nutrient supplementation can take me, with temperature and heartrate as benchmarks.

I've not optimized potassium, for instance, which regulates salt intake, and we all know how important that is. I tried a heavy diet of bananas for a week last month, and it helped my erectile dysfunction, but I lacked at the time the budget to sustain it; I'd like to try it longer.

Also, what of ginseng, and ginkgo biloba?

MSM and sulphoraphane? I take a lot of walnuts, onions, and avocados, and the like, but I've not been systematic.

There are a LOT of inflammatories, and it seems a lot of them work in radically different ways; well, why not use as many of them to drop our temperatures radically? It wouldn't be like we were overdosing, because we'd be actually optimizing our system on a whole bunch of nutrient categories the same time, and I'm betting the prize if we do it right is not just a longer-lived body, but a much more robust one.

So. What other anti-inflammatories and vectors, can I try? I've not tried Omega 3s, for instance.

PS: Does Vitamin C cooperate or clash with any of the things I've described, like the coconut oil? I'm still trying to figure out how to combine everything, and I haven't even raised the topic of low T.

Mike65Denver

Vitamin D needs to be taken in ratios with Vitamin K and Vitamin A from fish liver oil. I take 5000 units D3/day and 25000 units Vitamin A from fish liver oil/day, and 100mcg K1/day.

Noitartst

Original Poster
Vitamin D needs to be taken in ratios with Vitamin K and Vitamin A from fish liver oil. I take 5000 units D3/day and 25000 units Vitamin A from fish liver oil/day, and 100mcg K1/day.
I take a lot of nuts, like walnuts and almonds. I eat onions, also, oniions, and avocados. I also eat a lot of fish, and bananas, for potassium. That cover what you're concerned with...?

goatsncows

Anti-Aging studies on humans are rare and sometimes deemed 'unethical' so most of what you hear about living longer is theory.

Calorie restriction is not necessary to induce a hypo-thyroid state (which is linked to longevity), but it does help tremendously. Calorie restricted mice and rats have been shown to live an astounding 500% longer than their well-fed peers.

Fortunately, there are ways to 'hack' the calorie restriction part. Primal Body, Primal Mind book has a fantastic chapter on the subject and delineates a number of studies to back up her diet and supplementation recommendations. These include things like strict avoidance of carbs, or any insulinogenic foods, reducing stress, low to moderate protein, and moderate to high fat diet along with a tailored supplementation regimen.

Targeted stress therapies like ice bath or cryogenic (cold) therapies can stimulate our longevity genes. It's an involved and fascinating subject.

Noitartst

Original Poster
Sounds like a fascinating book, and I never heard of studies documenting a 500% lifespan increase, before; mostly, I had heard of things like 30%. Couldst thou send me a link...?

Oh, and carb avoidance includes sugar, yes...?

PS: I placed a hold on the book through my library.

goatsncows

The reference is to the same book, not anywhere online that I am aware of. I went back and re-read the chapter and must correct the referenced figure to 400%, not 500. Slip of the ol' memory :oops:

I'm glad you found it! It's worth getting a copy and going through again from time to time, in my humble opinion. But you can decide for yourself once you read it :)

Noitartst

Original Poster
I'll at least read the relevant chapter...