Holistic Treatment of Lung Infection

RaspberryNurse

I struggled with asthma as a child but when I got into my 20s, I simply threw away my doctor-prescribed inhaler and felt fine. I haven't had any severe episodes in years but I recently caught what's been going around and it's developed into a lung infection. I haven't smoked marijuana in a few months and I've been trying to rest as much as possible but I was wondering if anyone knew any good remedies for knocking out a lung infection? I've been having vitamin C and grapefruit seed extract. I've also been exercising but not overdoing it. I know about eucalyptus but it seems to only give me momentary relief. I'm also vegetarian...I'm not sure if that really matters.

Lola1988

I struggled with asthma as a child but when I got into my 20s, I simply threw away my doctor-prescribed inhaler and felt fine. I haven't had any severe episodes in years but I recently caught what's been going around and it's developed into a lung infection. I haven't smoked marijuana in a few months and I've been trying to rest as much as possible but I was wondering if anyone knew any good remedies for knocking out a lung infection? I've been having vitamin C and grapefruit seed extract. I've also been exercising but not overdoing it. I know about eucalyptus but it seems to only give me momentary relief. I'm also vegetarian...I'm not sure if that really matters.
Did you try thyme ? Prepare the thyme tea, and inhale for 15min. It will help.

RaspberryNurse

Original Poster
I haven't tried thyme tea yet so I'll pick some up from the local Nature Mart on my way home tonight. Thanks! PS. Possibly a dumb question but I am supposed to drink the tea after inhaling for 15 minutes, right? It seems like common sense, but you never know!

d0ug

Asthma is a sign of a gluten intolerance that makes it difficult to absorb omega 3 fatty acid and that is what you need for your asthma. Take a large dose.

Dreamer

Hi) I also heard good reviews about thyme tea, but never tried it ) tell me please if it really helps you )

Lola1988

I haven't tried thyme tea yet so I'll pick some up from the local Nature Mart on my way home tonight. Thanks! PS. Possibly a dumb question but I am supposed to drink the tea after inhaling for 15 minutes, right? It seems like common sense, but you never know!
If you want you can drink it. But I use it only for inhalation. What you can drink after inhalation is marshmallow tea. I drink it cold, and it helps for expectoration.

RaspberryNurse

Original Poster
Thank you for your suggestions, everyone! I took Monday off work and drank lots of thyme tea over the weekend, inhaling it for 15 minutes first each time. I have to say I'm feeling 90% better! I am just now seeing the marshmallow tea suggestion so I'll pick some of that up too.

I've been having flaxseed oil in my oatmeal every morning but maybe that's not enough omega 3. Maybe I'll pick up some fish oil pills.

As for castor oil, I've only ever used it to moisturize the callouses on my feet. Is their a way castor oil can be used to treat a lung infection?

d0ug

Be careful of oil in a bottle as it oxidizes and becomes a free radical use encapsulated omega 3 oils.
Omega oils give your lungs the flexibility this is what is needed for them to be healthy.

Lola1988

Thank you for your suggestions, everyone! I took Monday off work and drank lots of thyme tea over the weekend, inhaling it for 15 minutes first each time. I have to say I'm feeling 90% better! I am just now seeing the marshmallow tea suggestion so I'll pick some of that up too.

I've been having flaxseed oil in my oatmeal every morning but maybe that's not enough omega 3. Maybe I'll pick up some fish oil pills.

As for castor oil, I've only ever used it to moisturize the callouses on my feet. Is their a way castor oil can be used to treat a lung infection?
I am glad thyme helped you. And yes please try marshmallow tea, but drink it cold, I mean let it be on the room temperature.
For the castor oil I heard/ read somewhere but can't remember, so that's why I asked if any1 used it . I would like to know

Lola1988

Is marshmallow tea meant to be consumed at room temperature so as not to incite inflammation?
It means that marshmallow tea has the biggest efficiency cold. It's mucous and when you drink it cold it coats your bronchi and helps you to get rid of phlegm.
When it is hot, it like any other tea :).