HELP NEED SUPPLEMENTS TO TAKE FOR INFLAMMATION

shellbell225

Hi all

hope someone here can help me. I had a hysterectomy last fall for stage 1 cancer and my body has been through so much. I didn't have to take chemo or radiation but my hormones are gone. I have had issues of anxiety so bad with a little depression. So everyone said diet and exericise which I started walking and starting loosing weight, six months and now I have developed major tenditits from my achilles tendon to back of heel on the one foot. Therefore my walking is done for a while and I can't take advil or any other anti - imflamatory cause they cause reactions. Truthfully I don't like taking meds, I only take a bp pill cause my bp runs high. Help Help Help! Anyone knows what I can take as a supplement or something for the imflamation? And to get me on the right track again. I really need help.

Thank you:confused:

Ted_Hutchinson

1000iu/daily vitamin D3 for each 25lbs you weigh. You need to get 25(OH)D to or above 125nmol/l or 50ng/ml and keep it there.
It also helps Vitamin D3 control inflammation and the inflammatory response if you ensure you MORE THAN MEET the RDA for magnesium. Taking an additional 400mg/daily/magnesium may be a good idea. (anything except magnesium oxide of which only 4% is bioavailable. Magnesium citrate, malate, or a chelate (preferably albion mineral patent) epsom or dead sea salts in bath may also help improve magnesium levels. Omega 3 preferably marine sourced is also useful. Look for those with the highest EPA and DHA numbers add them together and take sufficient to total more than 1500mg omega 3 daily. Ignore anything with omega 3/6/9 the 6 count cod-liver oil also isn't helpful as it may contain too much vitamin A.
Improving MELATONIN secretion and using a time release melatonin supplement is also helpful.
Don't forget that green tea is an anti inflammatory agent and don't forget the role of natural live yoghurt in improving gut flora. Cooling Inflammation Dr Art Ayers the anti inflammation diet

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Turmeric (Curcumin)is very good for inflammation. The spice can be used on foods and in cooking, and in addition to that a daily supplement is needed. I personally am using Solaray Turmeric 300mg per capsule.

MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane) is a joint sulfur, that also helps with pain that is due to inflammation, I use NOW brand MSM 1,000mg per capsule.

I agree with Ted about the use of Magnesium, I use the citrate or malate form, it should be taken a couple of times a day...and the Omega 3 fish oil, I'm using the NOW brand lemon flavored liquid, I use more than the dose on the label. Also a daily B-50 complex will help with nerves, stress and depression.

Also, you can use Magnesium Oil topically for tendonitis, etc. Give it around a month, but if you start using these supplments you will feel much better. Hope things improve greatly for you, and welcome to the forum. ;)

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Truthfully I don't like taking meds, I only take a bp pill cause my bp runs high.
Prescription drugs for hypertension can cause side effects, and are not good to be on. Have you considered using some more natural medicines that would lower high blood pressure?

Just a few examples are Garlic, CoQ10 and Hawthorn herb. More info on alternatives in this thread, just click on the 2 links. Consult with your doctor if needed, and let him know your intentions to get off the drugs and monitor your BP for progress.
https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24179

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
Could it be a sensitivity or allergy to the more well known things in diets like WHEAT (gluten occurs in rye, oats and barley, too)? Soy? (unless it is fermented I would NOT touch it). CORN!?! What good is this junk other then to fatten cattle or use as fuel?

Perhaps eliminate as many of the above as you can and try to do organic as much as possible. I know how difficult it can be but if you can find those items that you use the most and go organic? Could eliminate many of the UNKNOWNS about genetically modified organisms which are rampant in corn, soy, etc.

Could you work out on a mini trampoline/rebounder without too much pain?

Hope things work out for you and :welcome: to nmt. :)

pinballdoctor

I would add high potency resveratrol to the list of inflammation fighters.

Every 20 or 30 years a "superstar" comes along...a product that stands above all others.

Resveratrol is the next superstar..