Heart burn

Supracath12

What are some really good ways to get rid of heartburn? Or even better yet, prevent it from happening in the first place?

Mugdha

The acid in your stomach may be excessive and consequently it has a tendency to splash up into your esophagus which connects your mouth to your stomach. This is particularly common when you lay down. The few times that it has happened to me I had to jump up out of bed and run to the sink because the acid had literally made me feel as though I was going to choke to death. Ultimately if this happens frequently it is known as gastric esophageal reflux disease.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I've been taking a half cup of water with 2 tablespoons of Organic Lemon Juice and 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda every morning.

In the evenings I eat a small tart apple like Granny Smith, Pink Lady, etc. My heartburn has greatly decreased since I've been doing this, and I can't remember the last time I woke up at night with acid reflux burning my throat and guzzling cool water to try and soothe it.

Ron Brown

Most of the time when you think it is to much acid it is really to little acid and when that happens it make bubbles and that is the heartburn . The answer is quick solution is to do juicing or increase your consumption of minerals to make more stomach acid. Juicing increases minerals therefore juicing makes it go away

jfh

perpetual student
As we get older, we don't produce so much stomach acid. That begins to diminish around 40 years old. Also, some people have the strange idea that we need to alkalize our bodies. This weakens the stomach acid, and the food does not digest. It just ferments. Even the intestines are slightly acid.

One solution is to drink some water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. The ascetic acid, of the vinegar, along with the stomach acid, would be very beneficial.

Ron Brown

Avoid eating junk foods like Burgers, Fries etc. This helps in curing heart burn.
heart burn is a sign of to little acid created by a mineral deficiency. Those minerals can be found in fruits and vegetables not in burgers fries and cokes. Also found in fulvic acid mineral supplements.

jamesannie

Here are some simple tips to avoid heart burn

1.Avoid eating at least 3 hours before bedtime.
2.Avoid eating spices, mint, chocolate, citrus fruits, onions, garlic, etc. Eat more fibre content food .
3.Stop smoking.
4.Avoid tight fitting clothes.
5.Avoid drinks like coffee, juices and alcohol. Instead of that drink water after each meal.
6.Maintain a healthy weight.
7.Try sleeping with your head a little higher.

jaminhealth

I had heartburn once in my life when I was pregnant over 56 yrs ago. Could be Grape Seed Extract is doing a job in that part of my body for me. I've been taking Grape Seed Extract for 25 yrs soon. I'm headed to 82 this year.