GMOs Linked to Escalating Gluten-Related Disorders

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Gluten-related disorders are rapidly escalating around the world. The most well-known are linked to sensitivity: celiac disease (CD) and wheat allergy.

Many postulate that environmental and dietary factors may play a part. Coincident with the rapid increase of this disorder has been the introduction of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) into the US diet since 1996.

Animal feeding studies and experience with humans and livestock have linked GMOs with a variety of symptoms and disorders which, when carefully examined, may explain the increase in the incidence of gluten-related disorders since 1996.

GMOs may contribute to gluten-related symptoms by promoting:

•Permeable intestines (“leaky gut”)
•Imbalanced gut bacteria
•Suppressed digestive enzymes
•Damaged microvilli
•Immune system sensitization or disruption

Read Full Story: http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gluten

Mad Scientest

[FONT=&quot]When growing up I don’t recall ever hearing a lot about wheat allergies. So other then GMO what has changed? :confused:[/FONT]

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
OMG! Leaky gut. That's a big one. You can't easily hide from these GMOs anymore.
My daughter was found to have leaky gut. Sensitivity to gluten. Corn. Soy.

I wonder if any of those are gmo? j/k

As a child, she would ONLY eat bread. Of course it was white.

At 19 half of her thyroid was removed due to bumps found. No cancer - just a life full of crappy meds and feeling awful.

We are now organic. Gluten free as humanly possible. Raw veggies. We watch for glutens in personal products and those that are "hidden" in foods. Most restaurants are a no for us.

It's all good, tho. I cannot believe what people eat for nourishment even though the information is out there as to what should be avoided.

Some of the folks doing repairs in a new place I moved to recently brought in their donuts, McBreakfasts, etc. Diet drinks. Stood outside smoking like chimneys.

I said a little prayer for them. I truly disliked the constant coughing, throat clearing, sniffling, sneezing they were doing. Had to big time disinfect every time they left.

When asked, they claimed NOT to have a cold or "allergies."

hmmmm....

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
[FONT=&quot]When growing up I don’t recall ever hearing a lot about wheat allergies. So other then GMO what has changed? :confused:[/FONT]
No foods eaten that are NOT overly processed or handed to thru a window?
No vegetables other than fried with cheese coverings?
Overly chemical laden water/air/personal products?
Vaccination and antibiotic over use?
No going out in the sunshine?
Too much pressure/stress? (no TRUE sleep) The keeping up with the Jones' type of life? Gotta have all the techno toys? New cars? Big home? Etc
Energy from a can?

maybe?

greif

Come on, the corporations tells us they are completely safe... why would you not be live a corporation?;)

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
Come on, the corporations tells us they are completely safe... why would you not be live a corporation?;)
why? why should I? their job, their goal in life is to make the bottom line BIGGER and better for the Board. What ever way they can. Cutting corners on ingredients; possibly buying them from the guy on the corner who knows a guy. By passing more healthier choices.

All kinds of crooked goings on, imo. It isn't the corporations telling us that the crap is safe...it's their hired agencies doing that! And most people believe it. For our government wouldn't allow anything harmful would it?

:lol:

ozzie

That doesn't surprise me,and what is causing the explosion of people with Diabetes, Cancer,Autism, one in fifty children diagnosed with Autism here a year in South Australia alone, apart from drugs, chemicals vaccinations, GMOs what else could it be?

Mikegws

I think it's a combination of things - we struggled a lot with helping my eldest. Supplements (fish oil, B vitamins, magnesium etc.) have helped him a lot but he is "mildly autistic".

Now going gluten free has helped him even more - it's especially hard to get your kids to clean up their diet when all the junk food is just so cheap.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
Hi Mikegws, welcome! I had a friend at work with an autistic son. He went to a holistic doctor with him when he was in his teens, desperate for improvement. I know he cleaned up his son's diet regarding simple carbs, sugars, etc. He also was given an herb blend to help with detoxification of heavy metals, etc.

His son was much improved with treatment. He said that he broke down when his son had a birthday, and let him eat a big piece of super sweet sugared birthday cake...mistake. He was taken aback at the change, in a negative manner, in his son's mental state and well being. He swore not to let that back step happen again.

Something as simple as a Chlorella supplement may help, as it cleanses the liver and the system of heavy metal toxicity. I use the inexpensive NOW powdered form, mixed with an inch or so of juice, shaken in a small covered jar, then rinsed with another small amount of juice to wash it down. Many benefits, may be worth a try.

I'm a big fan of omega 3 fish oil, I use the NOW liquid lemon flavored, as it's the preferred triglyceride form (Nutrigold also good). Also, B bitamins and magnesium, very healthy for all to take, IMO.

Mikegws

We've made a lot of changes to his diet and it has helped a lot. I was thinking of trying a probiotic with him.

I'll look into metal detoxes too - thanks for the tip!

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
You're welcome. I think probiotics are beneficial to everyone, so it sure wouldn't hurt. :)

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Gluten-related disorders are rapidly escalating around the world. The most well-known are linked to sensitivity: celiac disease (CD) and wheat allergy.

Many postulate that environmental and dietary factors may play a part. Coincident with the rapid increase of this disorder has been the introduction of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) into the US diet since 1996.

Animal feeding studies and experience with humans and livestock have linked GMOs with a variety of symptoms and disorders which, when carefully examined, may explain the increase in the incidence of gluten-related disorders since 1996.

GMOs may contribute to gluten-related symptoms by promoting:

•Permeable intestines (“leaky gut”)
•Imbalanced gut bacteria
•Suppressed digestive enzymes
•Damaged microvilli
•Immune system sensitization or disruption

Read Full Story: http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gluten
If you were to go back to 1980 and say gluten related disorder, everyone would say what is that? Never heard of it.