Friend had breast tumor.

Iggy Dalrymple

I sent her the following recommendation. I think I should also suggest that she take DIM (diindolylmethane), the nutrient derived from cruciferous vegetables, and Vit D. Can you think of any other suggestions? She's not really into altmed although I think she's open minded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[my previous message to her]
Resolution of cysts: Iodine therapy resolves nearly every case of breast cysts. This treatment also can heal ovarian cysts and works well on skin cysts when rubbed over the cyst. https://newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james37.htm

Most people are deficient in iodine. I add a drop each day to my drinking water. The correct iodine liquid supplement is called "Lugols". The pill form is called "Iodoral". I'll send you a bottle of Iodoral, if you like.

Americans used to get ample iodine, because it was added to bread, but now that has been discontinued.

Breast Health
Iodine and Other Nutrients Play a Crucial Role

Were you taking DHEA when you had the tumor? I know a health store lady in Franklin, Tn that blames DHEA for her breast cancer. I advise you to switch to the safer form, 7-KETO - DHEA.https://www.smart-drugs.net/ias-DHEA.htm
(scroll down to: 7-KETO - DHEA TO THE RESCUE!)

Xania

Iggy, I see you made no mention of acetogenins, or Essiac, or even(!) MMS.
What was your reason for leaving those off the list? Is she the type to do her own research?

Iggy Dalrymple

Original Poster
Iggy, I see you made no mention of acetogenins, or Essiac, or even(!) MMS.
I don't know much about acetogenins and Essiac. I'm hopeful but not yet sold on MMS for cancer.

What was your reason for leaving those off the list?
I'm concentrating mostly on preventatives. She had the tumor removed 3 years ago.

Is she the type to do her own research?
Don't know her well enough to say. She's 51 and watches her weight like a hawk. 5'8", 120#, does 50 situps from inverted hanging position.
She's never had a baby and I think I've read that that's not good for a woman re cancer.

I think I'll also recommend ground flax and concentrated flax lignans.

Xania

That makes sense, Iggy - I didn't see that the cancer is a past event - good!
We share the same feeling about MMS and cancer. D is enthusiastic about taking it, bUt I suppose it will be some time before we know what effect it has.
He took Essiac for some time, then just dropped it. He just said "I don't think it does anything" That was a subjective reaction. I don't know why he thought it wasn't "working" - nothing had changed during the time he took it. He remained free from symptoms and his PSA was stable at that time. It has gone up a bit since.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Sounds like a good reason to resume Essiac to me, Xania.

I think essiac is an excellent preventative and I would recommend it to your friend, Iggy. I would also have her look at Transfer Factor or colostrum, bovine, from first milk.

Then a daily supplemental drink of Greens 8000 or Berry Greens 8000
This is not to replace real live food but is a boost.
Take a Greens Supplement 1 to 2 x day as found at: https://www.nokomisnutrition.com
or less expensive here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_hp/105-5620811-2762062?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=greens+8000&x=21&y=17

bifrost99

Beloved Mentor
Previously, my first consideration in cancer would be vitamin B-17:

https://www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/
https://www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/aspreventative.html

Then I learned that the immune system itself can be directly stimulated with glyconutrients like those from cell walls of lactobacilli or brewer's yeast, mannose from aloe vera, various hexoses including trehalose in mushrooms, and even rhamnose from apple rind. This stimulate the immune system to fight of anything, including cancer, but the response of the immune system also depends on adequate protein and other nutrients such as selenium (click here for thread), vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc, etc.

Then there's the simple daily intake of omega-3 plus sulfur-containing amino acids of the Budwig protocol. Though many know it as cottage cheese and flaxseed oil combo, I would think fish would be a good substitute, already having both omega 3s and protein. Yogurt is preferred to cottage cheese because Budwig herself started with a product called quark, which was more comparable to yogurt than cottage cheese.

Well, there are additional cancer killers like acetogenins (from graviola or paw paw products) and artemisinin. Plus a lot of phytonutrients from everyday foods. (I'm trying to reduce the size of a file that I'll be attaching. First time to attempt attachment. :) )

Hurray! :) I was able to attach a couple of big files. ;)

Gerry

Attachments

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
MMS appears to be a great parasite killer. I would encourage her to do a couple months of it. Stablilized oxygen has been a long time fav. of cancer patients who use alternative therapy.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Thanks for reminding us about iodine naturalady.

And this is really excellent on iodine too. These videos really lay it out.
IoidineVideoLink

weblink:www.vitamincfoundation.org/videos/

Go to this link. Click on number 3. Listen and learm.

Also, Heel Homeopathics makes a great drainage remedy for the lymph system. She should be doing it regularly but only half the dosage listed on the bottle is required. It works well in wine too.

Its called Lymphomyosot. I see it in heath food stores pretty regularly but it can be special ordered. Drainage is sooo important to help prevent cancer.

Iggy Dalrymple

Original Poster
Thanks for all your suggestions. This lady is a born skeptic and I'll have to enlighten her in small doses.

djt

Hi, on Budwig, I think her first choice was always fish oil. The seed oil plus quark was for those whose blood readings indicated they weren't processing enough of the fish oil, so the sulphurized protein/oil was used because it made the oil more soluble, and it was easier to absorb. We all have dairy or dairy-combination related food intolerances, so we had to switch to tofu with seed oil, with a little added MSM (not in the mix--yuk! in capsules).

Last edited:

Iggy Dalrymple

Original Poster
Now shes says, "Quit worrying, Iggy. It was a fibroid tumor."

I never heard of fibroid tumors in the breast.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
She probably meant fibrocystic breasts. Once in a while they will remove a fibrocystic tumor in the breast. They are benign and usually filled with serous fluid, like a balloon. They can be painful with the monthly cycle.

Iggy Dalrymple

Original Poster
She said it was in her milk duct and it grew like the dickens when she started HRT. She said that several of her relatives had the fibroid uterine tumors.

djt

OH boy--HRT, even the bio-identical ones are bad business but if she realizes that then that's a step ahead of the game. I wish I could remember where I was just reading that.

My MD--had to hook up because I needed a referral to an endocrinologist--insisted on doing all of the usual checkup tests I've avoided for a few decades, since my naturopaths have other methods of checking, gave me the paperwork for a mammogram which I just tossed, but I saw my records later and he mentioned "abnormal fibrous tissue" in the breasts which he didn't even tell me about. I don't do mammograms, but would do a thermogram if they have one in the area just to see what was going on there. If anything developed that needed to be removed, it will be by black salve, not the knife. But I wouldn't even bother with it unless there was really a problem. On the other hand, if they get scalpel-happy do you suppose they would take a tuck up on each side and surgically reinsert "perky"?

bifrost99

Beloved Mentor
On Budwig's protocol

Hi, on Budwig, I think her first choice was always fish oil. The seed oil plus quark was for those whose blood readings indicated they weren't processing enough of the fish oil, so the sulphurized protein/oil was used because it made the oil more soluble, and it was easier to absorb.
When I read Budwig's book, "Flax oil as a true aid against arthritis, heart infarction, cancer and other diseases," I got the impression that she saw the value of omega 3s from fish oil but she objected to use of fish oil because of possible contamination by pollutants.

You may want to see my review of the book at Amazon (click here). :D

Gerry

djt

That's very possible. In fact, I think I have that book on a stack of other unread books. Most of what I've read has been excerpts or summaries of her work. I would think that fish oil was always preferable, and have stats that it results in a 40% reduction in cardiovascular deaths, but I suppose the problem of contamination is always present. I just didn't realize it was such an issue in her day, although she hasn't been gone that many years.

bifrost99

Beloved Mentor
I don't know if it could be related, but I remember reading that a top export of her country, if not the number one export, was flax seed. A commercial slant?

I also thought that fish was not that readily available in her country, but it was just a guess.

Gerry

djt

I just recall that she was using oil and when it didn't show up in blood work--I wish I knew what kind of testing she did for that--that she switched to soluble omega 3 sources. From what I've read, flaxseed was almost a staple in many places, used for a kind of bread or something--flax cakes--but the way she bucked the system, particularly the hydrogenated oil business which was huge and went after her tooth and nail, I somehow doubt that her focus was on promoting exports. She seems to have been consumed by science and the discovery of missing components in the blood of cancer patients that gave their blood a yellow-greenish cast. The closest I got to her was an article she wrote for a medical or science journal that may or may not have been carefully translated, but it seemed to be a glimpse into the mind of the scientist.

As for there being or not being fish, I don't know. Fish oil was what she talked about and I assume they could get fish oil imported just like anything else. But who ever truly knows the mind of another person? It would be interesting to get into her head, wouldn't it? If there was an absence of fish and oil, maybe there was a particular omega3 deficiency common going on, but that is also the case now since nothing is added to food and we have to go chasing after it.

Last edited:

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Not much to do about fibrous tissue djt. Iodine can get rid of fibrocystic disease, but most fibrous tissue is there to stay. Its not that big a deal, I think. Perhaps an enzyme therapy like serrapeptase might work it down after time, don't know.

Harry Hirsute

Iggy,

I just found this and thought it might be relevant:

Flaxseed, Soy Protein Offer Varying Results in the Treatment of Breast Cancer
by Somlynn Rorie 11/09/2007

TORONTO—Researchers at the University of Toronto continue to investigate the role of flaxseed and soy protein isolate in the treatment of breast cancer (Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 2007; 70.22:1888-96).

Researchers found that flaxseed (FS) reduced breast tumor growth in ovariectomized mice; while soy protein isolate (SPI) stimulated growth. Consequently, combining both SPI and FS resulted in the negation of SPI-induced tumor growth. The effect of SPI, FS and their combination were also examined on mouse bone and uterus to ensure overall safety of breast cancer treatment.

The mice in the study had MCF-7 xeonografts and were fed either a controlled diet or one supplemented with 10 percent FS, 20 percent SPI or a combination of SPI and FS for 25 weeks. Their bones were analyzed for mineral density and biomechanical strength, such as yield load, stiffness and peak load.

The SPI group possessed a higher femur bone mineral density and more strength, while the FS group possessed increased femur stiffness and peak load.

Femur mineral density was not affected in the mice who consumed a combination of SPI and FS; however, the femur size was significantly reduced but the biomechanical parameters increased.

Additionally, uterus weight was significantly increased by the combined SPI and FS diet, while the SPI diet induced an intermediate effect.

Researchers concluded that while these treatments had beneficial effects on bone of postmenopausal cancer, other factors and parameters must be measured to determine the overall safety of FS, SPI and the combination of both as a treatment to breast cancer.
https://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/hotnews/7bh913195852795.html