Constipation Tip!

someguy

So - I dont have any problems with constipation, I go every day..

But for those of you that do - one thing ive noticed is, when I sit at a chair, my urge to defacate goes away normally? But when I stand more through out the day there a lot more of an urge, more often.. I have a standing desk in my office and when I swtiched to standing more - I notice I have the urge for a BM way more often..

:)

pinballdoctor

Going once per day is not "regular" enough in my opinion.

If you eat 3 times per day, you should eliminate 3 times per day... more or less.

For those who have difficulty going or don't go often enough, try some extra vitamin C and magnesium from citrate. They will help, as will exercise, such as walking.

Also keep in mind that waste is toxic, so you don't want to keep it in your body any longer than it needs to be.

jfh

perpetual student
[FONT=&quot]Iron is extremely constipating. Iron from vitamin pills, white flour products enriched with iron, and even too much red meat, is constipating in the extreme. This has to do with its oxidant qualities, perhaps.

Magnesium deficiency contributes to constipation. Magnesium can act as an osmotic laxative. This means it can hold water in the intestines.

Magnesium is deficient in most people as it is not found in refined or processed foods in most cases. Nuts and seeds are the best sources, which people do not eat enough of, usually, to obtain enough magnesium.

Calcium is constipating. Calcium tends to be constipating in most instances, though not all. Calcium should be balanced with magnesium in foods and in supplemental products as well. One may have to vary the ratio between calcium and magnesium in order not to upset bowel action.

Commonly, people eat too much dairy that is rich in calcium but lacks magnesium to balance it. Other common sources include calcium tablets, liquids and some multivitamins that are not balanced with magnesium.

Aluminum can be very constipating. Aluminum is a toxic metal. However, it is widely used in antacid products such as Maalox, Mylanta, Ryopan, Gaviscon and perhaps 20 other antacids sold mostly without a prescription. It is also found in some health food products such as Bentonite, Montmorillinite and Azomite.

A little aluminum (not enough to cause constipation) is also found in other products such as anti-perspirants, cosmetics and many others. It is also added to most municipal drinking water supplies and it is often added to common table salt to prevent caking of the salt. Use sea salt and drink spring or distilled water only to reduce your aluminum exposure from these common sources.

Manganese may also be constipating in some people. Common sources are gasoline fumes, some well water and occasionally occupational exposure. Some people take excessive manganese in mineral supplements.

Most people have too much hidden aluminum, along with excessive levels of toxic forms of manganese and iron.

To read more - much more: https://drlwilson.com/Articles/CONSTIPATION.HTM[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

pinballdoctor

[FONT=&quot]Commonly, people eat too much dairy that is rich in calcium but lacks magnesium to balance it. Other common sources include calcium tablets, liquids and some multivitamins that are not balanced with magnesium.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes, too much calcium is the same as being deficient in magnesium. [/FONT]

Also, the older you are, the more difficult it becomes to absorb magnesium. Therefore, you need to supplement with much more.

Spirulina, parsley, chives, seaweed, red and green peppers are also good sources of magnesium.