Coconut Oil for Brain Function

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
Good to know

Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides (MCT) with shorter chains of 5 to 12 carbon atoms, which are easily metabolized by the liver to produce ketone bodies that can replace glucose as metabolic fuel.

:cool:

jbo

I've been taking a spoonful of EVCO for awhile now, in the hopes of avoiding dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. Here's an article with some useful links about coconut oil's value for brain function and cognition...https://www.naturalnews.com/039811_coconut_Alzheimers_dementia.html
I don't know why, but I can't get into coconut oil which I know a lot of people really like it. With hopes of avoiding dementia and Alzheimer's Disease I consume berries and Turmeric daily. Both of which have a few studies out there, but personally my grandmother ate berries everyday and died at 94 with a better mind than most 20 year olds. Only negative thing is she became diabetic probably from eating too many berries with sugar.

I eat brown rice daily and I just put Turmeric in the water.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Taking mom to visit a relative in 2 weeks that has early stage alzheimers. I will be making chocolate hazelnut brownies using coconut oil. Not that it will do anything, but there is some evidence that people have seen positives responses after a single dose

HomeRemediesMom

I take muscadine grape extract every day. The muscadines have an extra chromosone that other grapes don't have and from what I have heard the anti-oxidants in the muscadines can cross the blood brain barrier so I take it daily for prevention of alzheimers and hopefully will help me stay sweet as I get old instead of turning into a crazy gramma :lol: , but I take it for other reasons as well, as it also inhibits the growth of cancer.

BigAl

HRM, where are you buying your muscadine grape extract? Is it listed as a seed extract or simply muscadine grape? Thanks