Can Vitamin C Cure EBOLA?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Learn about the best ways to use vitamin C to protect yourself from viruses, and see which form of the vitamin is best. I take 1,000mg of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) when I do take it. If I feel I'm coming with a cold or something, I'll take 2-3,000 mg. every few hours. Learn more here...https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/can-vitamin-c-cure-ebola

I believe Vitamin C can cure and prevent ebola.

I just like to operate with common sense. From what I've read some time ago, the only creatures that are susceptible to ebola are humans, pigs, monkeys and fruit eating bats, if I'm not mistaken. And these are the same animals who's bodies do not produce vitamin c on their own.

That's pretty much it...

maitaman

C can possibly aid in prevention of ebola et al. It is not a cure.
Be very careful about taking massive C dosages over any extended time. Excess C (ascorbic acid) is converted to oxalic acid by the system and can attack the kidneys. Kidney failure is a lot more serious than a cold.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
TONS of vitamin C research is at our fingertips.

Some writers have claimed that excess vitamin C is excreted immediately. Taking 5 hours for blood concentration of vitamin C to drop to levels that are still 2 times higher than normal steady state levels is not what I'd call "immediate" excretion. At two hours after the dose, vitamin C concentration is almost 4 times steady state levels. This data is for 1250 mg. For the proof of my statements, see figure 3 in the reference and paragraph 2 of page 1418 in the PDF file.

Some vitamin C critics' personalities remind me a little of me before I started taking normal Earth animal size doses of ascorbic acid powder (16 grams/day in 4 glasses of grape or orange juice spaced apart). My yearly physicals don't show any change in metals. Cholesterol from 210 to 160. Stress level plummeted. I still get a cold once a year, but my nose never gets stuffy. I used to always have to have facial tissue boxes in places like my car, desk drawer, den, and bedroom, but now I never need them.

Read more: https://www.doctoryourself.com/c_roberts.html

maitaman

This leaves out what happens to the C before it is excreted. It doesn't suddenly leave the blood stream and enter the urine stream when it is there in excess amounts. The body processes it.
We are all different in genetic make-up. That is why anecdotal cases are useful in statistics, which can lead to scientific study.
Extreme use of almost anything is eventually damaging. The simple obvious fact is that balance is disturbed. We have to realize that something ingested in excess at twenty can prove disastrous at fifty.
A note: Extremist in two cases, C and acidity. Each side claims they have the major answer against disease. C will cure most illnesses!
Anti-acidity cures all diseases!
C acidifies the body.
Alkaloids neutralizes (buffers) much of C.
Both have hundreds of anecdotal cases to "prove" them.
Science and statistics tell us that both are true in many cases.
BUT, scientific examination also shows that results are negative or neutral in many cases, too.
Add: If you are using massive C dosage and your urine begins to "burn" you are not reacting safely to the dosage. Your kidneys are under attack. This can result in kidney failure some years later. Take care. Lower the dosage until you do not get that burning or other uncomfortable sensations.
Research both sides of any such claims before blindly beginning use. Perhaps they will work for you, perhaps not. Learn at what point to make a final decision, and that is not before you have facts on which to base that decision.
Many of these things have years, even centuries of use to study to determine usefulness in your case. It only makes sense, to me, at least, to learn all you can about a thing that can affect your health before using it.

Last edited: