Bloating

lostsoul62

I think this Bloating could be cause from being Depressed all the time for many years so this is what I will do and tell me what you think and I'm open to any suggestions.
I have had Stomach and mostly bloating problems for the last 4 years with bad bloating the last 2 months and very bad bloating for the last 3 weeks. Doctors are pretty much useless with this problem so every time I eat I get bloated. No matter what I eat, how little I eat, when I eat etc. So I when I don't eat I'm not bloated. So I'm going to eat one time per day of a high protein meal and if I get too weak during the day I will have a peace of raw fruit or even a cup of fruit juice. This should give my stomach a rest to get better. I plan to lose some weight on this but my body will get used to it. This so called diet is called the warrior diet which I will eat my meal at around noon are whenever I get hungry which will be close to noon. I have tried everything you can think of and nothing works so at least my stomach will get the rest it needs. Has anyone else experience something like this.

D Bergy

Does the bloating make you feel ill or nauseated, or do you ever vomit a a result of the bloating?

Dan

lostsoul62

Original Poster
Does the bloating make you feel ill or nauseated, or do you ever vomit a a result of the bloating?

Dan
No, just just a little nauseate sometimes which is normal. No ill or sick but gives me Anxiety sometimes, no vomiting, just very uncomforatable but with an emty stomach it feels much better.

D Bergy

You could have a physical blockage in the intestines. I had a stricture that made me feel much the same way. If you do start vomiting, it likely is a blockage.

One other possibility is that you have an H-Pylori infection which is swelling the intestines somewhat. Just a guess, but maybe something to explore further.

I use MMS as part of my treatment. For whatever reason, MMS seems to bring down the swelling or irritation. Other people have also had good results using Aloe water, which is less risky.

Dan

jfh

perpetual student
Bloating usually means that your food is not digesting. It's just sitting there fermenting. Several reasons for this, but my first thought goes to digestive enzymes. Have you tried them? If not, try them for about a week to see if they work. It should not take a week. You should tell after your first meal, but a week will really let you know. Then instead of enzymes, which your body should be already using and building, try digestive bitters. They will help build enzymes, slowly flush the liver, and help correct hormonal imbalances, among many other things. Next, you might be concerned about your stomach acid. Digestive bitters should help this too, but a tablespoon or 2 in water and drink during your meal should help with the acid.

If you are around 40 or older, the stomach does not produce as much acid as it did earlier. Some help may be necessary.

Hope this helps.

lostsoul62

Original Poster
try digestive bitters. They will help build enzymes, slowly flush the liver, and help correct hormonal imbalances, among many other things. Next, you might be concerned about your stomach acid. Digestive bitters should help this too, but a tablespoon or 2 in water and drink during your meal should help with the acid.
Where would I get digestive bitters?

Cookie

Lovin' life~
It probably would be a good idea to avoid anything containing gluten.

Sometimes peptic ulcers can cause bloating too.

pinballdoctor

Bloating is one of the main symptoms of fungal infections, especially yeast infection.

Other symptoms include gas, cramps, being tired all the time, mood swings, depression, insomnia, mental fogginess, thrush, (white coating on tongue) skin infections, vaginal/jock itch, etc..

How many symptoms do you have?

Fungi are one-celled organisms that take in sugar or foods that break down quickly into sugar, including fruit juices, and excreet toxic poisons called mycotoxins, that can seriously affect your health.

lostsoul62

Original Poster
Bloating is one of the main symptoms of fungal infections, especially yeast infection.

Other symptoms include gas, cramps, being tired all the time, mood swings, depression, insomnia, mental fogginess, thrush, (white coating on tongue) skin infections, vaginal/jock itch, etc..

How many symptoms do you have?
I think a lot of people will have some of these symptoms but what can be done about it?

jfh

perpetual student
Where would I get digestive bitters?
Digestive bitters can be found at all health food stores or any online supplement vendor. They are very popular. They have been used for a century at least. Easy to take. Just put a half dropper of the bitters, a liquid, on the tongue for a few seconds. Enough so the bitter receptors in the back of the tongue can taste it. This will stimulate the vagus nerve, which will provide all the benefits. It is the taste, not the ingestion that works.

EDIT to include:
All I can think of at this point is that the fruit juice is not digesting, as it should easily do so. Instead, the sugar is fermenting. Are you taking anything along with it? Anything that would weaken the stomach acid? I don't think the egg would be any problem, but just to be sure, what are you doing to it or mixing with it?

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Lostsoul, are you male or female? What age range are you in? What do you weigh?

Here are some of the questions i would be asking myself~~

Have you ever kept a daily food log & systematically eliminated foods that are known to cause bloating? For instance; dairy, whole grains, fruit, starchy foods and so on.

What happened during the useless doctor's visits? Did they check you for celiac disease (no gluten products), ulcerative colitis, crohn's or irritable bowl?

Do you have a history of overeating?

Do you drink ample water through-out the day & with meals?

How often do you have a bowl movement?

Have you considered candida overgrowth or intestinal parasites?

I'm concerned that you have chosen to starve yourself as a means to 'give your stomach the rest it needs' instead of finding the underlying cause. If it were me, I'd do 5 meals (size of meals depends on your weight) which includes a protein, active carb & fat, and keep a record of everything you eat, drink, poop & bloating level from 1 - 10 after every meal...... for a month. You're more than welcome to keep a food blog here :D so we can help you with your diet as you mentioned using fruit & fruit juice, which could be setting off your bloating.

lostsoul62

Original Poster
Thank you Cookie

I’m Male 63 year
It seems all food causes bloating but I’m staying away from beans for now
I’m going to have a tube stuck down my throat with a camera sometime in the future
I have overate during my life
Plenty of water but not with meals
Bowl movement is once a day
I’ve tried the 5 meals a day with no success, maybe I need to eat baby food 5 times a day, If I eat 5 times a day I just don't know what to eat or how
6’1” at 180 pounds
When I eat high protein it bloats my stomach less
I’m mostly bloated in the afternoon and evening
I went to a buffet at noon yesterday an ate mostly protein and I wasn’t as bloated
I drink two cups of fruit juice this morning and I can feel bloating coming on
I'll take any advice because you know more about this than I do
Thank you

someguy

Ive had a bit of bloating but nothing like what you;ve had.. however it is interesting that, for me it also caused/causes anxiety.. ive sort of realized how critical the gut health/stomach is for anxiety... if your stomach/intestines are working well and they feel strong/centered anxiety is much less.. but if you have gas in there etc.. I literally remember feeling slightly nauseated/panicky and then burping really good and feeling immediate relief from anxiety, when often times I wasn't even aware there was gas in my system.

u&iraok

lostsoul62, if you have less bloat with protein and do get bloat with fruit juice maybe you should try changing your diet. Do you eat a lot of processed carbohydrates and sugary foods? (Commercial fruit juice is a processed food and has too much sugar). Try getting good quality protein and good oils such as coconut oil.

You may be low on stomach acid or need enzymes or probiotics.

There might be more to the problem but having a good healthy diet is a good place to start.

BSM

Lostsoul62, instead of fruit juice in the morning, could you try half a lemon squeezed into a glass of warm water. If you do have candida (yeast overgrowth) the fruit juice will feed it. Are you able to eat vegetables? Cookies suggestion of a food log is a very good one. Most of us suffer from a low grade wheat allergy and this can cause bloating, try eliminating anything made from wheat for several weeks and see how that effects you. I would be rather concerned about eating too much protein. This will cause an acid build up in your system which could lead to other problems. A good digestive enzyme should help and try 20% protein with 80% vegetables - no wheat see how you go. Good luck;)

lostsoul62

Original Poster
Lostsoul62, instead of fruit juice in the morning, could you try half a lemon squeezed into a glass of warm water.
Lemon squeezed sounds very good. The only fruit juice is prune juice in the morning for a bowl movement. Right now I'm eating 5 times a day, no solid food, and only 1600 calories and my stomach is better. I am losing weight but that's ok for now. I don't worry about losing too much weight because the body will take care of itself for weight. I'm 6 foot 1 inch and appocing 175 but I'm good until 170 and then I'll worry about my weight. Monday I will have a camera down my throat and then I will know more. So right now I'm coasting until Monday. The next time I go to the store I will get lemons. I started to take 4 oz. of yogurt, to stuff made for the stomach and it seems to be ok.

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Good advice BSM! Nice to meet you by the way ;)

Lostsoul,
Sorry, I went to the shore for the weekend since the weather was oohh so great!
Hopefully you'll give us an update & let us know exactly what you're eating in those 5 meals. You're a tall guy so you don't want to lose too much muscle.

Little tip; switch to blueberry kefir instead of the yogurt.

Cookie

Lovin' life~
A food journal is going to be your most valuable tool. It's time consuming in the beginning, but eventually everything in a lifestyle change becomes second nature.
For instance, my meals are already planned for this week so my grocery list is made & this helps me avoid foods which might slow my metabolism. If it's not in the house, it's easier to avoid.

One very important thing to know is the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber and how they affect bloating.

Foods rich in fiber contain either soluble or insoluble fiber. Foods that contain soluble fiber, such as oat bran, peas and fruits are not broken down until they reach the large intestine, where they are broken down by bacteria and cause gas. Broccoli and cauliflower are other common culprits. Foods that contain insoluble fiber, such as wheat bran, pass through the intestines without significant digestion and therefore are not broken down by gas-producing bacteria.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/318422-list-of-foods-that-cause-gas-and-bloating/

There is other good info on that ^ link's page as well.

Here's more on soluble/insoluble fiber:
https://www.livestrong.com/article/27561-list-foods-insoluble-fiber/

lostsoul62

Original Poster
I went to the doctors and had the camera stuck down my throat yesterday and they found redness in my stomach and they took a biopsy and I will get the meds this week because it's the Phoenix VA and 2+ weeks for the results of the biopsy which I feel will come out as some kind of infection. So I'm going to eat 5 times a day at 300 calories per meal and I will lose weight using soft foods without the yogurt which constipates me. I’m allowing 1750 calories a day for now and if my weight gets too low I can always add a couple of calories to the meals but this seems to work for me and I will not be eating any beans or dairy product. I will keep a diary of what I eat and how I feel because this is something I’m good at. I have a 17 year diary for every day. Thanks

Cookie

Lovin' life~
You have redness. Ouu.

Since you haven't had pain, hopefully whatever it is will be nipped in the bud ;)

Avoid caffeine (coffee & soda), alcohol, smoking, ibuprofen/asperine, and spices til you get your results. Best of luck, let us know what happens!

larryberry

Do digestive bitters all taste bad? I went and got a liquid one where it says to mix one teaspon in water or tea. It taste really awfull, not sure if this is how they all are?

jfh

perpetual student
Do digestive bitters all taste bad? I went and got a liquid one where it says to mix one teaspon in water or tea. It taste really awfull, not sure if this is how they all are?
Of course. They are bitter. Most people don't like bitter. You only need enough for the back of the tongue to taste it. Bitter receptors are on the back of the tongue. Most of the bitter liquids say to take a dropper full directly on the tongue. You only need a half dropper, which will stimulate the vagus nerve. That will be the greatest benefit to many different functions in the body.

Swallowing the bitter is not the purpose for digestion. So, I don't understand why they want you to put it in water. That even dilutes it. If you are just going to dilute and swallow it, you might as well just drink coffee, which is bitter.

My favorite is andrographis which you can get in a tablet. It is the king of the bitters, and believe me, it sure is. I will put one in my mouth for a minute before swallowing. It has a long list of incredible benefits and best known for shortening the length of a cold or flu. https://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_andrographis.htm and https://bouldernaturallabs.com/healthlibrary/andrographis-paniculata-herb.html

I get mine here https://www.iherb.com/Planetary-Herbals-Andrographis-400-mg-120-Tablets/1530?at=0

Never the less, digestive bitters are mostly liquids, taste very bad, and swallowing immediately or diluting defeats the purpose. You've got to stimulate that vagus nerve.

larryberry

Thanks jfh I am going to give those ones a try.