Bloated

lostsoul62

I become bloated every couple of months for a 1 to 4 months and this has been going on for several years and I have had all the test which shows nothing and I am a depressant. So if I'm bloated why put food into the stomach but sometime it actually helps. Anyway I started being bloated again a couple of days ago so I'm thinking of going on a diet of 2,000 calories and decreasing it 100 calories every day I'm bloated. Everyday isn't the exact amount of being bloated. I figure at the least I can drop a couple of pounds which can only help me. I just wanted to see what you thought and any suggestion?

pinballdoctor

any suggestion?
Decreasing calories daily is logical, however, probably won't work because you will just be hungry all the time.

I would suggest cutting back on dairy, sugar, simple carbs, and grains. These are the things that cause bloating issues. Replace these with veggies of all kinds along with seeds and nuts, and don't expect good results overnight.

As for long term bloating, I would suggest fungal issues are to blame. Do some research on natural anti-fungals.

lostsoul62

Original Poster
I would suggest cutting back on dairy, sugar, simple carbs, and grains. These are the things that cause bloating issues. Replace these with veggies of all kinds along with seeds and nuts, and don't expect good results overnight.
I thought some yogurts were good because they have prbiotics
So leave out the rice, pototoes and bread because I eat too much of that

As for long term bloating, I would suggest fungal issues are to blame. Do some research on natural anti-fungals.
You mean like probiotics

FL Wong

black bean porridge

lostsoul62, you can try the following natural food recipe to reduce the bloating .....

25gms black bean (green kernel)
25gms red bean
50gms brown rice

1) Rinse black beans and soak for 8 hrs
2) Soak red beans, brown rice for 1hr
3) Pour the black bean and water it was soaked in into a pot, bring to a boil.
4) Simmer for a further 1/2 hr.
5) Throw in the red bean and brown rice.
6) Cooked till it becomes a porridge.
7) You can add wolfberries (about 6gms) for more nutrients & tastes.
8) Cut some spring onions, etc and springle into the porridge.
9) Enjoy your porridge.

Eat this everyday, your bloating should reduce everyday till its gone. The above recipe fortifies and strengthens kidney functions and helps to regulate your body's hydration system. Expects higher urine volume as your body detoxes and get rids of the excessive water. Drink more water so that toxins are adequately disposed of.

FL Wong :cool:

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Bloating is often caused by lack of sufficient digestive enzymes. Try Wobenzyme N and Betaine HCL. It couls also be a problem with gut floras. This could indicate a candida issue but not necessarily. VSL#3 is one of the best probiotics. It could be a combination of all these issues.

Try Doctors Best digestive enzymes

mommysunshine

lostsoul62, you can try the following natural food recipe to reduce the bloating .....

25gms black bean (green kernel)
25gms red bean
50gms brown rice

1) Rinse black beans and soak for 8 hrs
2) Soak red beans, brown rice for 1hr
3) Pour the black bean and water it was soaked in into a pot, bring to a boil.
4) Simmer for a further 1/2 hr.
5) Throw in the red bean and brown rice.
6) Cooked till it becomes a porridge.
7) You can add wolfberries (about 6gms) for more nutrients & tastes.
8) Cut some spring onions, etc and springle into the porridge.
9) Enjoy your porridge.

Eat this everyday, your bloating should reduce everyday till its gone. The above recipe fortifies and strengthens kidney functions and helps to regulate your body's hydration system. Expects higher urine volume as your body detoxes and get rids of the excessive water. Drink more water so that toxins are adequately disposed of.

FL Wong :cool:
What is the bean that is black with green kernel?

Just found it.

https://www.shinesmooth.com/healthy-face-skin/nutrition/black-bean-for-health-and-skin.html

4Peanuts

Agree with you completely

Decreasing calories daily is logical, however, probably won't work because you will just be hungry all the time.

Doctors cannot test for anything but 'systemic candida'. You can have candida/fungus and not know it. You could go to a 'live blood cell analysis' person but good luck finding one...they can tell you if you've got high candida or fungus in your blood. This simple diet that is mentioned along with detoxing is your answer...I just hope you get to it before it becomes much more serious like it has for millions of others!

lostsoul62

Original Poster
This simple diet that is mentioned along with detoxing is your answer...I just hope you get to it before it becomes much more serious like it has for millions of others"

I know I ask this but no answer. I hear a lot about rice, pototoes, and bread. I eat a lot of these 3 items. So my question is should I just not eat them anymore. Sometime the more I read about health the more confuse I get.

4Peanuts

My opinion

Immediately take out the bread and potatoes. The reason being...for the bread in the stores today (unless you buy top of the natural line) is very bad for you in so many ways. Too many to list.
The white potato is very poor in nutrition along with being genetically modified, along with the sugar, starch....just not a healthy carb (wasted calories).
Unless it is home-cooked brown rice (or wild), you are wasting nutrition again.

pinballdoctor

Immediately take out the bread and potatoes. The reason being...for the bread in the stores today (unless you buy top of the natural line) is very bad for you in so many ways. Too many to list.
The white potato is very poor in nutrition along with being genetically modified, along with the sugar, starch....just not a healthy carb (wasted calories).
Unless it is home-cooked brown rice (or wild), you are wasting nutrition again.
Potatoes are genetically modified? Never heard of that.

I disagree that potatoes are not healthy. They are fine if baked and not fine if fried or deep fried.

lostsoul62

Original Poster
"I disagree that potatoes are not healthy. They are fine if baked and not fine if fried or deep fried."

I really know that Potatoes wasn't really good or just empty caleries but to what degree?, but I heard that the red potatoes were suppose to be the best. I think it's the type of patatoes. I don't know just what I heard.

4Peanuts

Someone else's opinion from somewhere else (X's 2)

runnr, the reason that bread, rice, pasta and potatoes are all lumped together as "danger foods" is because of their glycemic index, which for all 4 is pretty close to table sugar.
One Medium baked potato, 2 1/2 inch diameter (skin eaten), has about 30 grams of carb minus 2.9 grams of fiber but only if you eat the skin...without it, that fiber drops by more than half and you lose a lot of the nutrient value as well since most of those are also in the skin. That's the GI equivalent of eating 2 slices of white bread. Speaking as a diabetic, that potato would likely shoot up my blood sugar close to 100 points. For an insulin-resistant person (which includes many overweight people), that potato would most likely cause an insulin spike. :p
Being a marathon runner, you can certainly handle more carbs in your diet than most and the occasional potato isn't likely to cause you a problem but if you look around the forum, you'll find that most of our members are not marathon runners, or anything even close to that, and can't handle the same level of carbs, or types of carbs, that you can with your high level of excercise. For most low carbers, there are far less carby ways of getting the same nutrients (and a lot more fiber) than that baked potato.
BTW, Dr. Atkins never said that those following his plan could never again have a baked potato. Only that those foods should be reserved for maintainence and then only occasionally in small amounts.

[SIZE=+1]THE RISKS OF GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FOODS [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]by: Wolfson, Richard, Ph.D. [/SIZE] Richard Wolfson, is the national director of the Consumer Right to Know Campaign, Canada, whose mandate is to demand mandatory labeling and long-term testing of all genetically engineered foods. He is the biotech writer for Alive magazine and the health advisor for the Natural Law Party.
GENETICALLY ENGINEERED (GE) FOODS ON THE MARKET IN CANADA The main genetically engineered foods (or genetically modified organisms, GMOs) already on the market in Canada are: white potatoes (russet potatoes grown in P.E.I.), tomatoes (including cherry but not roma tomatoes), soy beans, corn and canola. Corn, canola and soy beans are used in many other products. This means that 80% of any packaged foods on the market (even health food brands), whether they are cereals, baby food and formula, salad dressing, chips, cookies, or bread, probably have either some canola oil, soy oil, soy flour, soy lecithin, soy protein, corn oil, corn starch, or corn syrup ingredients that are genetically engineered. Even products predominantly organic like organic soy milk often have genetically engineered canola oil or soy lecithin etc. Problems associated with GE foods are allergies and other toxic effects.
Genetic engineering is used to increase shelf life (to delay ripening in tomatoes), to alter oil composition (soy and canola), to make food pesticide resistant (corn, potatoes, squash), to allow increased pesticide use (soy, corn, canola, cotton), and to increase fertility in farm animals (canola).
OTHER GE PRODUCTS Milk from the U.S. is genetically engineered (may contain rBST), so be careful about buying American cheese. Yellow crookneck squash from the US, cotton and cotton oil, papayas, radiccio, rennet in cheese, and Nutrasweet used in soft drinks and other diet products are also GE. Animal products fed on GE grains may also pose a problem.
POTATOES Russet potatoes are genetically engineered, and they are sold across Canada. The seed catalogues say: "New Leaf potatoes, more environmentally friendly, the latest development, you don't have to spray with pesticides". What they are actually saying is that pesticide is genetically engineered into the potato, which means you are eating them. You can buy red potatoes or organic potatoes.

pinballdoctor

I think I'll stick to the red potatoes.

Its bad enough I avoid grains because of GMO's, now it looks like anything can be "altered", and it makes me mad that its not properly stated on the label.

Animals fed GMO's get sick and die, so would assume the same fate for humans.

Thanks for sharing that information.

jfh

perpetual student
Red potatoes are better, because they have less starch. I don't know about gold potatoes. But Russets have much starch. Potatoes are so beneficial, because of their mineral content. Zinc is especially good and resides in the skin.

The glutenous grains are wheat, barley, rye, and oats. Gluten free is the new fad.

I hope there is no problem with rice for any reason. Modern agriculture has made it bad enough, but millions of Asians depend upon rice as a staple.

lostsoul62

Original Poster
"I hope there is no problem with rice for any reason. Modern agriculture has made it bad enough, but millions of Asians depend upon rice as a staple."

My wife who I have known for 22 years is Japanese and she eats white rice every day. I know it is empty calories. The Japanese also eat lots of noodles. They have the longest life expectancy in the world. My wife is never sick and I'm always sick. "Go figure"

jfh

perpetual student
I have a Japanese lady friend who 'must' eat rice everyday. White rice. It is more than a comfort food for her. It is an obsession. We were traveling in Paris once. This is a place where it is good to enjoy the local cuisine. We did, but we also had to find all the oriental restaurants and eat at one each day.

I have a Vietnamese friend who grew up in a rather poor village. Most days, all they had to eat was rice. There was seldom any meat. Vegetables were seasonal only. He seems quite healthy.

lostsoul62

Original Poster
I have a Japanese lady friend who 'must' eat rice everyday. White rice. It is more than a comfort food for her. It is an obsession. We were traveling in Paris once. This is a place where it is good to enjoy the local cuisine. We did, but we also had to find all the oriental restaurants and eat at one each day.

I have a Vietnamese friend who grew up in a rather poor village. Most days, all they had to eat was rice. There was seldom any meat. Vegetables were seasonal only. He seems quite healthy.
I think the problem is we eat crap and the Vietnamese and Japanese eat simple.

jfh

perpetual student
It could also be a racial difference. I understand that Asians can process/digest rice much better than Caucasians. Some protein is involved. Or maybe they digest all carbohydrates better. Another possibility is that their digestive system is just so much better adapted due to lifelong diet choices.

Or it could also be bacteria called Bacterioides plebeius that they have and the rest of the world doesn't.

4Peanuts

Maybe....

I think the problem is we eat crap and the Vietnamese and Japanese eat simple.
I don't think the Vietnamese and Japanese eat a lot of breads. (Maybe this generation does)...also I don't think they eat much beef. You are right....we do eat crap and our health shows what we eat!!!!!!!!

ophiuchus

titan
"bread, potatoes, rice"

those are pretty much the top three foods that will cause bloating (along with beans). sounds like you might want to up your vegetable intake. uncooked carrots have this wonderful ability to make me crap regularly every single morning. and if i have been eating too much food in general, they will make me crap it all out during the day too. this combined with more leafy green vegetables should do the trick.

i generally find the morning is the best time to eat my carrots. i generally eat between 3-7 full sized carrots, depending on my taste for them or how much food i ate the day before(this is generally before my breakfast). if one had a large dinner, try eating a carrot or so right before going to bed, then in the morning, drink a few glasses of water, and eat a few carrots and tell me you are not running to the toilet :lol:

something about the fiber in carrots is magical. and i would only recommend organic. they are far juicier. better fiber imo