Better skin?

medtalk

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I'm a 22 year old student who has finally put an end to taking pharmaceutical medicines. Some of my friends think I am crazy, but I have personally felt the effects emotionally and physically from these drugs...

Anyways, enough with the story.

I was just wondering what can I take orally to prevent my face from getting very pink/red from sun exposure? The sun is rolling around the corner and I already see my face getting pinkish from the sun. I think it is from a long term side effect from one of my acne medicines.

I used to put on spf, but I think that just irritated my face, especially the top of my cheeks right below my eyes.

I also wear a hat but even then It doesn't help that much

Please, someone help me if you can, I've been trying to change my life around with dieting, exercise, discipline, etc.

If you know of anything I can take, please let me know, it will change my life.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
You can take PABA tablets. It will come out in your skin and act as a sun protectant. If you have to go on a sulfa drug for any reason, do not take PABA while on the sulfa drug.

Thrasymachus

Taking lots of antioxidants like vitamin c, Astaxanthin, Quercetin, etc. should help. But I am not sure if it will help Northern European types who redden easily as I have never had that problem in my life. I have to be out in the sun standing still for very long before I burn.

medtalk

Original Poster
You can take PABA tablets. It will come out in your skin and act as a sun protectant. If you have to go on a sulfa drug for any reason, do not take PABA while on the sulfa drug.
hey thanks for the reply back,
I've been looking for that stuff everywhere but I can't seem to find thing

one thing I found that I wanted to ask you about was this:

"Animal and in vitro studies in the early 1980s suggested PABA might increase the risk of cellular UV damage.[12] On the basis of these studies as well as problems with allergies and clothing discoloration, PABA fell out of favor as a sunscreen."

this was just off wiki. can there really be some cellular UV damage or was it all b.s.?

pinballdoctor

I agree with taking several antioxidants, especially fruit and berry powders.

Fruit and berries are in the sun all day every day and they don't shrivel up and die because they contain phytonutrients that protect them.

They will also protect you.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Niacin supplementation may help if there's a deficiency. I recommend you research 'casal's necklace' and see if there's any related symptoms.