Benefits from active Manuka Honey

cyber-junkie

Inquisitor
What are the benefits from active Manuka Honey? I have had stomach problems for years, infections and the like, I was speaking with someone locally and she said active Manuka Honey can help may things including the stomach, just eat a tsp a day,...how would you take it? can you put it in a meal replacement drink mix or would it be better for the stomach taken by it's self with water?

cyber-junkie

Inquisitor
Original Poster
Thanks...that helps

I think I also read somewhere else you should take it with bread or such, how is that different than just swallowing the honey? I don't think I can swallow a piece of bread with a tsp of honey on it with out chewing the bread...which would be the same, wouldn't it?

cyber-junkie

Inquisitor
Original Poster
I've only used Manuka honey in herbal teas, and liked the flavor very much. Here's a bit more info, I've never heard of taking it with bread.
https://thehealthyeatingsite.com/miraculous-healing-manuka-honey/
K2C the site referenced by ozzie says to take it with bread and I remember reading or hearing someone say that's the way they took it.

I have tried many things for my stomach, take good probotics every day, tried plum paste, h2o2, and I am missing something else...all supposed to be good/help heal the stomach, mine is a mess...been that way for over 30 years so I have learned to just live with it, stays mostly bloated, hurts sometimes but usually good digestion judging by my BM's every day.

Think I will try some of this, what would be the best way to take it? And will this mess with my blood sugar?, I am borderline diabetic, my sugar is usually high.

ozzie

cyber- junkie I am a diet controlled diabetic, and I always have a desert spoon of ordinary honey with cinnamon on my breakfast and it hasn't made any difference to me, so I don't think the Manuka is going to hurt you.
The reason for taking it on bread is that it is better absorbed by your stomach, and I would think if you chewed it it would be just as good.