Bad Coconut Oil article

BKnatural

This article is good up until the dietitian sizes coconut oil up with vegetable, canola and soybean oil. The is the kind of mess that will keep people sick. these oils are highly inflammatory. Coconut oil has more saturated fat, so the dietitians can't recommend under the giudelines of major food administrations. Virgin unrefined coconut oil is undoubtedly the healthiest amongst these oils anyway. I am glad there aren't too many articles like this floating around.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/coconut-oil-and-health

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Anyone has to think twice about any article coming from an MD site. Dr. Oz recommends canola oil on his show....I take everything I hear from these people with a grain of salt. I use, and take as a supplement, organic virgin coconut oil. For cooking and other things, I either use coconut oil or olive oil. For me they make the most sense healthwise.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Anyone has to think twice about any article coming from an MD site. Dr. Oz recommends canola oil on his show....I take everything I hear from these people with a grain of salt. I use, and take as a supplement, organic virgin coconut oil. For cooking and other things, I either use coconut oil or olive oil. For me they make the most sense healthwise.
I avoid canola and soy oils. Canola is basically poison; it is not healthy at all, in spite of the Omage 3 levels. You have to watch at whole foods and trader joes, many of the products have Coconut oil

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Saved, are you saying that you think Coconut Oil is bad?

Ajax

I don't trust any info from Web MD. That info is 20 years out of date. Organic virgin coconut oil is extremely healthy while soy and canola are extremely unhealthy. I cook everything in coconut oil. No butter or margarine.

Audi

so much has been written on the virtues of coconut oil, I would like to have reaped some of it's benefits but as little as a teaspoon just gives me diarrhea
so I will stick with cooking with butter for now

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
I don't trust any info from Web MD. That info is 20 years out of date. Organic virgin coconut oil is extremely healthy while soy and canola are extremely unhealthy. I cook everything in coconut oil. No butter or margarine.

Web MD is a tool of the medical industry at best.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus

Grass fed butter is excellent for cooking and health. :cool:

Margarine is usually soy or canola oil. :D