Anti-Anxiety Nutrition

Selah

I want to know what foods should I be eating more of and consistently to rid myself completely of Anxiety.

I honestly feel that if I increase my serotonin levels that I will be back to normal because for some reason when I go get massages I feel so relaxed and the anxiety subsides temporarily after 2-4 days then makes its way back in.

What foods/vitamins should I begetting more of to increase serotonin and to rid myself completly of Anxiety?

Open to all feedback.

mommysunshine

Congratulations on looking for ways to get rid of your anxiety.

The first thing that comes to mind is magnesium. Magnesium Citrate is a form that is easily assimilated. It is known as the relaxation mineral. It does so many important things in the body and most people are deficient.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
You can also take a B-50 complex vitamin, and the amino acid L-Theanine. Here's some suggestions from an older thread...https://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=23058

If you click on our Wiki tab at the top of the forum homepage, you'll find some herbs also which are beneficical for anxiety like Skullcap, Chamomile, etc., just search for anxiety/stress.

Ajax

I don't think "foods" is the correct avenue. Your body has produced adrenaline in anticipation of action and it can only be burned through action. Exercise is absolutely the most potent cure for anxiety. You burn the adrenaline and produce endorphins which produces confidence and a feeling of well-being. You can start with a couple of heavy cans or bottles and do some arm curls or such - in about 20 minutes you should experience substantial relief from anxiety and probably replace it with a feeling of well-being.

knightofalbion

You could try herbal nervines or sleeping tablets. These are centred on valerian and passiflora. Two potent yet non-drowsy and non-addictive herbs.

A bit of trial and error is needed beforehand to establish when, for you, they kick in.
When I'm stressed I take a couple of herbal sleeping tablets two hours before whatever it is I'm getting stressed about. For me, come the 'event' I'm perfectly calm.

knightofalbion

A decent multimineral, with good levels of calcium/magnesium will be of help.
Avoid carbonates, poor absorption rate. Amino acid chelates are very much better absorbed.