Allergies to Valplast plastic in dentures

jdanko1451

That awful furry sensation...

I have been fitted with not one but two Valplast partials. They were very comfortable but within a few weeks the part acroos the palate became rough and furry. It was as if the surface was pitted rather than any build up of scale which could be removed. The first one was replaced but exactly the same thing happened with the second. The only explanation given was that my saliva must be doing it...The furry sensation in themouth was awful so I am having to go back to a different denture which is very disappointing. Has anyone else heard of or experienced such a thing?
Hi, yes the same thing seems to be happening to me as well! My tongue is red and sore, as it is drawn to the dentures palate, which has a strange rough texture, even after I returned my flexi denture to the laboratory to have it polished. I thought this might solve the problem, but it is still an unpleasant sensation whenever my tongue touches it. These dentures are expensive, I presume there is a guarantee with them, but would this guarantee cover an allerghic reaction, which it seems to be for some of us?

jdanko1451

I just received a Valplast partial and my mouth started hurting and I thought it was just the rough plastic but after that was addressed, my tongue started burning and hurting and even my throat started swelling and hurting!! I removed it when I got home and I now have blisters on my tongue and gums four days later!! Now I have to go to my dentist and tell him I'm allergic to it! I want no part of it!! I don't know how people have tried to keep them in for weeks or months! If the throat is swelling, that could be an anaphylactic reaction!! I'm beginning to think there should be a class action lawsuit against Valplast!!
Hi, how did you get on after going back to your dentist? I have the same issue with my flexi denture, burning and red tongue, which stops shortly after removing the denture. My dentist says she has had no complaints about these dentures and shes had many made...which didnt help me...! but she herself noticed the redness of my gums in general! I expect I'll have to go back once again to my dentist to see if she will take the matter to the next level ie. make me a new denture like my old one (acrylic and chrome) which I had no problems with)...

alexfun

From what is seems cheap acrylic dentures are nice, you can barely feel them and in some cases u forget u have them :) I have read some russian dentisty forum where 1 dentist said if denture is made anatomically correct even lower denture would need a glue. If glue is needed I would investigate natural substances such as stuff from pine tree, etc.

Also with advance in 3d printing and in hemp plastics we humans may be able to get eco and body friendly dentures.