Allergies and MSM

mommysunshine

MSM is made from DMSO.

In "The Miracle of MSM - The Natural Solution For Pain" by Stanley W. Jacob, MD, it says that this supplement that is non-toxic helps the body reduce inflammation and eliminates scar tissue. It helps people with chronic sinusitus,(Jim have you tried it?), makes skin appear smoother, lessens post-exercise soreness, relieves arthritic joints that were not only painful to move but deformed turned normal.

This stuff sounds amazing. It has helped people with tinnitus so I am taking it.

I met a raw foodist during class I took from him and he had severe asthma as a teenager. His wished to die. He began taking MSM and has been taking it for 39 years. This guy is in his 50's and he looks like he's in his 30's.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Good luck with using it for your Tinnitus mommysunshine. We've been taking 1,000mg daily for years now, just as a preventative for joint and muscle problems/inflammation.

jfh

perpetual student
Every time I have tried MSM, I have experienced bleeding. Now that I've had hemorrhoid surgery, I should not have weakened veins or weakened rectal tissue. Perhaps I will try it again. However, those benefits mentioned are resolved with serrapeptase, which I would rather use for its extra benefits. The benefit of MSM, however, is in the delivery of sulfur. That's why I might try it again.

mommysunshine

Original Poster
jfh, I hope you do try it again. When I was reading that book it was screaming, "I can help Jim." lol Really, I heard it.:)

ozzie

Our vet use to prescribe MSM for our horse when he got laminitis, it must have been fairly potent as he didn't have to have very much of it, for a 500 kilo horse,and it did help him with the pain of the laminitis.

mommysunshine

Original Poster
Our vet use to prescribe MSM for our horse when he got laminitis, it must have been fairly potent as he didn't have to have very much of it, for a 500 kilo horse,and it did help him with the pain of the laminitis.
Great testimony ozzie. MSM is approved for vet prescription. It has shown to be effective in humans too but there is political red tape for it to approved for human healing. Thank goodness we can learn from the experts who write books and buy it from our health food store. We do have to give credit to our government for not taking that right away.

jfh

perpetual student
Thanks for looking after me mommysunshine. I feel like I've spent millions on some sort of sinus relief ever since I started working 40 years ago and had money to spend.

I have even tried bromelain, and enzyme from the pineapple which is supposed to be the best supplement for sinuses. After taking it, even large quantities at one time, I discovered that pineapple is number one on my list of food allergies. Quercetin does diddly squat. Colloidal silver does not even help. Homeopathy does nothing either. I am trying a homeopathic formula for molds, trees and other allergens for central TX.

So now that I no longer have bleeding hemorrhoid problems, I am eager to try MSM. Now if only the weather would clear up enough for me to drive to the Vitamin Cottage. Yesterday in central TX, we had a little sleet and snow. Not enough to stick in my area, but still nasty. I don't want road sludge all over my brand new 2011 Prius.