All About Herbal Teas

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Great informative article about different herbal teas...

An Herbal Cup

Whether for taste or health, people have been enjoying tea brewed
from herbs for centuries. Here are some all-time favorites.

April 2012
By Corinne Garcia

Chamomile

Peter Rabbit’s mother gave the defiant, tired and nauseous little bunny a cup of chamomile tea to ease his tummy and help rest his nerves. Herbalists use it in similar circumstances today.

“It’s a digestive aid, central nervous system calmer and anti-inflammatory,” Hill explains, making chamomile the perfect choice for after dinner or at the end of the day. With a medicinal
history dating back to the ancient Egyptians, chamomile has been used and appreciated in many cultures.

As flowering annual plant (it’s a member of the daisy family) it is an attractive and useful addition to the garden as well. “Chamomile blends well with other herbs, like mint,” says Hill. “But I also love it alone, with its delicate, sweet flavor, as the perfect sleepytime tea.”

Full Article Here: http://energytimes.com/pages/features/1204/tea.html

jbo

Nice article
I drink green tea everyday on the weekdays and oolong when I feel I need more energy or only have time for one single cup that day in the morning. At night I'm mixing rooibos tea with hibicious and I think it's amazing flavor.

I probably drink 3-4 cups of tea in the mornign with just one bag and the rooibos and hibicious at night are loose leaf, but I still end up flying the cup over and over to get about 3-4 cups out of it at night as well.

jfh

perpetual student
I probably drink 3-4 cups of tea in the mornign with just one bag ...
That's a good thing jbo. I was touring a tea plantation in South Carolina once upon a time. They said that was a good way to drink the green tea. After the first steeping, you still get good benefit. They said that the second steeping would be decaffeinated. Tea doesn't have much caffeine, but it is there. I've always been concerned though. Sitting a while, might allow fungus to start growing. I've had that happen with herbs steeping overnight for an infusion. I suppose a few hours would make no difference though.

jbo

That's a good thing jbo. I was touring a tea plantation in South Carolina once upon a time. They said that was a good way to drink the green tea. After the first steeping, you still get good benefit. They said that the second steeping would be decaffeinated. Tea doesn't have much caffeine, but it is there. I've always been concerned though. Sitting a while, might allow fungus to start growing. I've had that happen with herbs steeping overnight for an infusion. I suppose a few hours would make no difference though.
I actually didn't know about the less caffeine with each steeping. I have a small coffee pot that I fill with only water at work and I take it to the water fountain and I use this for my hot water and I end up drinking it until the pot is empty, which turns out to be about 3-4 cups for the green tea.

I've never let tea sit long to infuse again though. My loose leaf rooibos and hibicius tea I throw out the following day.