• Due to lack of activities, this forum is set to be closed at the end of this month (Aug 31), the forum has been set to read-only mode. Thanks for all your support over the years!

Acne and Stress

EarlyBird

Possibly true, but I still think that one's genetics has alot
to do with Acne, as well as Diet.
There was no heavy concentration of Acne in either my
or my husband's family history, and none of our 4 children
had Acne problems.
Of the grandchildren, only the one whose Father had an
Acne problem as a teen and young adult, seems to have
been affected.

Harry Hirsute

Original Poster
reply for EarlyBird

EarlyBird,

I agree that genetics do play a role. But, genetics are a factor that we can't really control. Actually, that's both true and misleading ... by applying certain dietary measures (altering one's diet and by using supplementation), we can activate/stimulate or down-regulate the activity of our genes. I suspect that stress-reduction techniques would also have a similar effect ... but this is speculation on my part.

The bottom-line for me is that stress is rarely the cause of health conditions but it often amplifies the magnitude of the symptoms. Conversely, combatting our stress-levels can minimize the symptoms in many instances.

Harry Hirsute

Original Poster
High Protein, Low Glycemic Load Diet

"At 12 weeks, total lesion counts had decreased more in the experimental group (-21.9 [95% confidence interval, -26.8 to -19.0]) compared with the control group (-13.8 [-19.1 to -8.5], P = .01). The experimental diet also reduced weight (P = .001), reduced the free androgen index (P = .04), and increased insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (P = .001) when compared with a high glycemic-load diet."

http://tinyurl.com/38bajp