7 main reasons why your hair is falling out a lot

lanedave

There are multiple causes of hair loss, from changes in diet to chronic diseases, and in this comprehensive report we will introduce you to the most prominent of them, and ways to deal with them.

We start with the American dermatologist Francesca Fusco, who says that the average hair loss per person ranges between 50 and 100 hairs per day because the hair usually goes through different cycles. Hair loss does not affect a certain group of people, and it is also very common among women.

It is worth noting that the problem of hair loss can psychologically affect women, as a 2015 study confirmed that hair loss in women affects the concept of self-esteem, generates feelings of depression and impedes social relationships. Therefore, a person must determine the reason why his hair is falling out so that he can solve the problem, according to the report published by the Spanish newspaper 'Confidencial' by writer Ada Nuño.
1- Thyroid problems
2- Iron deficiency anemia
3- Dermatology
4- Lupus
5- Weight loss
6- Excessive care
7- Polycystic ovary syndrome

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
telogen effluvium. gobs of my hair after a little illness october 28th - lasted a week or so. no biggie. just tired. exhausted. end of november large amounts of hair just falling out. for two months. i am on apple polyphenols, c, rosemary oil on scalp, and baby hairs are a couple inches long popping up all over. the majority of my shoulder length hair is gone. there is a fine veil of hair. looking to get a blunt bob to make it appear thicker.

• Sad
Reactions: jfh

jfh

perpetual student
Gosh! "Prolonged periods of stress can result in telogen effluvium." That would make me even more stressed. Have you checked your iron levels? I've been having iron absorption problems for a long long time. It's gotten to the point where I now have to supplement. But iron makes me constipated, so I have to take bowel stimulants. Low iron can be a cause of your problem too.

Adam smit

There are a variety of permanent and temporary causes for hair loss, ranging from genetic problems to hormonal imbalances to severe stress.
Hair loss can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
  • Male pattern baldness is a condition that affects men. DHT levels that are too high might damage your hair follicles, causing your hair to fall out. This is usually a hereditary problem.
  • Anxiety. Excessive shedding, also known as telogen effluvium, can occur due to traumatic situations.
  • A lousy diet. You may lose weight quickly if you eat an unbalanced diet or follow a crash diet trend, but you may also notice your hair coming out.
  • Some prescription drugs. Chemotherapy, blood thinners, beta-blockers, oral retinoids, thyroid medicines, and other treatments have been associated with hair loss.
  • Medical problems. Hair loss can be caused by various medical illnesses, including lupus, thyroid disorders, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, skin infections, and more.
  • Haircare products and haircuts that are too tight. Using hair products and styling equipment regularly can weaken your hair, making it brittle and prone to breaking.