7-8 day period! Normal?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Staff member
i just started my period new years eve. it never ended. i was just wondering if this is completely normal?
It doesn't sound normal to me, especially if you haven't been having periods that last a week or more. Is it tapering off at all, or a steady flow all along? It's possible you have something like a fibroid.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Staff member
its been spotting
Well, just from my own experience, there's been times when my cycle was very short, and times where it was a week...more or less. But, when it was around a week, the flow wasn't heavy or normal the entire time, leading into it was light/spotting, and towards the end was the same way. If it was a steady flow the whole time, I'd see a Gyn asap...that would worry me. Maybe you should just see how things go next month. Unless this starts happening often, it might be nothing to worry about.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Staff member
Should I be nervous at all though?
Well, it looks like today is day 9. I'm always nervous is something unusual is happening with my body. If it doesn't stop by morning, I would just do the safe thing and see a gynecologist. Sometimes you can contact an "ask a nurse" phone number, and discuss it with someone who can give advice...maybe through your health insurance company?