20 years old with hormone imbalance

kelsitree

Hi, I have gone to the doctor and she said my hormones are within normal ranges but when I asked her why my testosterone was so low for such a young person she said its normal. Mine was 13 on a scale of 8-48. I workout and eat healthy and try to workout my muscles a lot. So I took what she said and figured I was fine.

I went in because my periods are all over, I handle stress horribly, so tired, toss and turn at night,I've tried the cervix test, temperature test to figure out when I'm ovulating but nothing changes and found out my temperature is always low like 97.3. Well my muscle tone has gotten worse my skin is aging and is similar to my 45 year old mother. Not to mention I have more cellulite now then her and I'm in better shape. She also does not know why but notices a difference so I know I'm not crazy! :( I do have really bad PMS symptoms.

I honestly feel like my body is showing signs of faster aging and my doctor won't do crap for me and the only health doctor in town cost well over $500 which I cannot afford right now. Would vitex or natural progesterone cream be really stupid to try? I need something to help. I know low testosterone will cause low progesterone and vice versa and also know they are now giving progesterone to men with man boobs because it boosts testosterone! I know this is a hormone imbalance and progesterone is usually the balancer if taken safely and the right amount.

Any advice please! I've been trying to eat foods that are known to"boost" progesterone like eggs, walnuts, but what a funny coincidence, both those give me slight stomach aches! Hmmm, perhaps a digestive issue could be contributing as well but not even going to go there with that one lol!No rude comments please, I've been dealing with this for awhile and I know something is up. Oh and I also had hormone levels checked. They are completely normal, strangely I would have thought those would be affected, they might be a little out of whack now though considering this test was almost a year ago

d0ug

Get rid of the oil in your diet and replace it with saturated fat or eggs Hormones are made from cholesterol and if you reduce your cholesterol you reduce your ability to make hormones

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I'm not sure of what advice to give, but maybe you can try something like Red Clover. I took it for menopausal symptoms instead of using any hormones, but it's also recommended for PMS. https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Red_Clover

I would also recommend taking a B-50 complex daily, that will give a bit of energy and be helpful with nerves. Also, taking a Magnesium Citrate supplement daily will help your muscles to relax and help with stress.

For sleep you can use an herbal sleep formula like Solaray Sleep blend SP-17. It's inexpensive and effective.

jfh

perpetual student
I believe the poster is a woman, by the content of her message?
Oops! Quite right. My apologies. I could not get the word, testosterone, out of my mind as an exclusively masculine hormone. Silly, of course.

We have recent posts on Ashwagandha that should help. It acts as an adaptogen—a substance that helps balance hormone excesses or deficits by boosting the efficiency of the sites where hormones bind with cells. Used in Ayurvedic medicine to help resolve adrenal- and thyroid-hormone imbalances, ashwagandha allows the body to better cope with stress. Should work well for male or female.

Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) is another very good natural hormone balancer. It is an adaptogenic herb that helps alleviate a variety of symptoms, particularly the fuzzy thinking that can accompany a reproductive-hormonal imbalance as well as the hot temper and low immunity associated with stress-hormone imbalances.

Omega-3 fatty acids create healthy cell membranes so hormones reach their destination more easily. They also help maintain and repair hormone receptor sites. Fish oil is a good daily supplement.

kelsitree

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone, sorry I totally forgot I posted on here! I'm super motivated to fix this, I've always taken omega-3, should I maybe increase the dosage or is that dangerous at all? Mercury always worries me a bit. I'm also going to try some herbs. I'm thinking rhodiola because it helps handle stress which I think is my major problem for digestion, skin, sleep, and hormones. Or vitex because I don't think I ever ovulate normally! I definitely think I have some estrogen dominance and I do not fully understand the whole androgen and testosterone thing, I have started growing a few facial hairs :\ honestly it sounds like a very mild PCOS symptoms. I know I can't handle carbs and I love sugar. So I'm also taking apple cider vinegar and I've cut out fake sugars for a long time and really reduced my carb intake to just fruits, veggiws , potatoes, sometimes rice. I've read on ashwaganha and will try that one if the others don't work for me! I tried maca root awhile back but it made me sleepy(which I now know was too low of a dose) and slight cramping, but also got stretch marks on my butt! Maybe just a coincidence since I didn't use it very long but they say it makes your butt grow and man I do not need any more in that department! My chest however, is pathetic I wish it could go there hahahaa. Well anyways, my moods better in case it's not obvious with my hyper rambling on this post

kelsitree

Original Poster
Oh I'm also taking vitamin D and have been feeling awesome!!! Never thought I might need it because I'm always in the sun and always super tan. But I read that people who get dark easy need more because tanning skin is actually your bodies way of making a sunblock, who knows but I feel great haha. If only my skin would improve, it's been bringing me down a lot. I thought I'd just post all this in case someone has a similar problem, maybe this might be helpful down the road

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
I'm by no means an expert on natural vitamin D, but UV-B is responsible for making D on the surface of the skin, while the UV-A is the type that penetrates deep and does harm.

Anyway, I am a big advocate of eating paleo, and I use vitamin D and iodine as my two primary supplements.

Selenium and gray sea salt are my next two supplements I feel they are the easist supplements that do the most for the endocrine system.

A key issue for health is avoiding the production of insulin, so be sure to avoid sugars or simple carbs that become sugar within twenty minutes of eating them.

Nutrition is a lifelong journey; the sooner you start, the further you will travel.

advikverma

Get rid of the oil in your diet and replace it with saturated fat or eggs Hormones are made from cholesterol and if you reduce your cholesterol you reduce your ability to make hormones
Sounds good....thanks for sharing usefull information...