15 Reasons to Breast Feed Your Baby

beefwhite

With all the advantages out their I cant get my hear around mothers who can breastfeed but choose not to... plus it's a lot cheaper!

Merrymommy

I breastfed all three of our children and it was an amazing experience which I would never want to have missed. There are many many good reasons to breastfeed.

One happy benefit are all those feel good endorphins hitting your bloodstream at that 3 a.m.feeding. Nothing like rocking that little one while they happily nurse away...their little milky mouth trembling when they fall back asleep.

How absolutely priceless is that picture?

It's definitely one of those special and fleeting "Awwwww" moments...

;)

jbo

My wife is breastfeeding now, but honestly struggles with it as a first time mom. It's been a month and she has to wear a nipple shield for him to latch on. She's gone to lactation consultants and la leche league meetings. Hopefully as time goes on it's better and better for both of them.

tick

My wife is breastfeeding now, but honestly struggles with it as a first time mom. It's been a month and she has to wear a nipple shield for him to latch on. She's gone to lactation consultants and la leche league meetings. Hopefully as time goes on it's better and better for both of them.
My wife is nursing her first baby as well.. It seems that she's gotten the hang of it, and so has the baby.. But it was hit and miss and worrying when she didn't lactate for almost 3 days :/ I guess that was normal though..

Everything seems to be fine now.

How does your wife breastfeed? While lying in bed? In a chair? A rocking chair?

My wife has found the most comfortable is in the rocking chair for her back. We didn't have the foresight to get one of those horseshoe shaped nursing pillows either, but I bet that would have helped...

jbo

She only breastfeeds on a rocking chair with the pillow called breastfriend. She loves the pillow.

She was struggling with breastfeeding originally, but it's getting better. We are working on sleeping right now with reading as much as possible.

tick

She only breastfeeds on a rocking chair with the pillow called breastfriend. She loves the pillow.

She was struggling with breastfeeding originally, but it's getting better. We are working on sleeping right now with reading as much as possible.
I wouldn't put too too much stock into books. I'm sure the natural parenting "switch" will kick in and some point and you won't need all the books. Sure they are good for reinforcement but sometimes I have found they actually have BAD info in them sometimes too :(

Like the one that says wrap the babies up tight in blankets so they feel safe... that's dangerous... especially when leaving them to sleep in the night! (Of course, you check on them like every 10 minutes, but still)