Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Alternative Therapies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 PM
scorpiotiger's Avatar
scorpiotiger scorpiotiger is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 964
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough
Default does the body flush out colloidal silver

I am becoming more of a fan of collodial silver based on how it has worked with the couple of problems I've tried it with.

but, I was concerned about giving it to my doggie.. did a little reading and now I feel better about it. Found this paper (a pdf)

Collodial Silver: Where does it go when you drink it - how long does it stay there?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 PM
scorpiotiger's Avatar
scorpiotiger scorpiotiger is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 964
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough
Default

I would also like the opinion of some of the more experienced collodial silver users to give me your opinion of what this site is saying about collodial silver vs ionic silver:

Silver Colloids: About Us

Test Results on Products that are True Silver Colloids

Test Results on Products that are Ionic Silver products

Silver Colloids: Frequently Asked Questions
Quote:
Is there a simple way to demonstrate the ionic silver present?

To demonstrate ionic silver content, all that is needed, is a chloride ion source to be added to a small amount of colloidal silver. Normal table salt is sodium chloride (NaCl). When table salt is dissolved in water it decomposes into sodium ions and chloride ions. To demonstrate: Place a small amount (1-2 ounces) of colloidal silver in a clear glass. Add a few grains of table salt. Observe that as the salt dissolves a white cloud of silver chloride forms in the solution. Eventually, the entire solution will turn cloudy. If more salt is added, the white silver chloride will become denser until all the silver ions have combined with the available chlorine ions. If no silver ions are present then no white cloud will form.
could some of you try this and tell me what happens? thanks.

Last edited by scorpiotiger; 12-10-2008 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Add links for Testing of Silver solutions
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 AM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 4,345
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough
Default

While you are researching, check out this site. This is the product that I have been using recently. I'm quite impressed. I use it to make a nasal spray. I also use it to swish around in my mouth. This really seems to help my swollen sinuses. I have not yet used it for external conditions. Always use distilled water.

NutraSilver - Skin Disease & Infection | Morgellons & Lyme Treatments

When I put 30 drops into a cup of distilled water, my testing shows that it produces a 10 PPM solution. Not as cheap as making it from a home machine; but cheaper than from other vendors.

I also like Colloidal Silver Mineral Supplements, an Immune System Support They have a nice cheap generator too. The Complete Production Set-up [CPE002] - $64.00 : Utopia Silver Supplements, Immune System Boosters and Dietary Supplements
__________________
.
- Jim

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2008, 09:42 PM
scorpiotiger's Avatar
scorpiotiger scorpiotiger is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 964
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough
Default

Jim, do you feel the NutraSilver 30ppm solution does more for your sinuses than the 10ppm collodial silver? have you tried just the regular 10ppm?

also, here is a vendor of 10ppm that Howard (at HSI) pointed out:
http://www.ionicsilverworks.com/

32oz for $25 + a little sprayer in addition the bottle.

Last edited by scorpiotiger; 12-10-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
scorpiotiger's Avatar
scorpiotiger scorpiotiger is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 964
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough
Default

what gets me about the results of the tests is the descrepencies between what is on the label and what is in the product.

perhaps it is better to get a generator and testor and make your own. at least you would know it was the strength it was supposed to be.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2008, 07:58 AM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 4,345
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiotiger View Post
Jim, do you feel the NutraSilver 30ppm solution does more for your sinuses than the 10ppm collodial silver? have you tried just the regular 10ppm?

also, here is a vendor of 10ppm that Howard (at HSI) pointed out:
Colloidal Silver Products | Aloe Gel, Health Shampoo, Ionic Silver | Buy silver products online!| Aloe Gel, Health Shampoo, Ionic Silver | Buy silver products online!

32oz for $25 + a little sprayer in addition the bottle.
It is 10PPM by the time I add 30 drops of the NutraSilver to a cup of water. At least that is the measurement I'm getting from my meter. Yes that 10PPM helps my sinuses for a while. I like UtopiaSilver.com for the premade colloidal silver. I've used them for a long time and trust them. They also have colloidal silver and colloidal gold bath soap that I like.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
scorpiotiger's Avatar
scorpiotiger scorpiotiger is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 964
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
It is 10PPM by the time I add 30 drops of the NutraSilver to a cup of water. At least that is the measurement I'm getting from my meter. Yes that 10PPM helps my sinuses for a while. I like UtopiaSilver.com for the premade colloidal silver. I've used them for a long time and trust them. They also have colloidal silver and colloidal gold bath soap that I like.
what meter do you use, jfh?

is the MMS no longer working for your sinuses?

Last edited by scorpiotiger; 12-11-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 4,345
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiotiger View Post
what meter do you use, jfh?

is the MMS no longer working for your sinuses?
I'm using the Hanna Instruments TDS1.
TDS Meter - Hanna TDS1

You first have to test the PPM of the distilled water prior to adding the NutraSilver drops then test after for PPM. It test for PPM of any mineral in water. It does not even know it is silver. The same is good for testing homemade colloidal silver. You can test when you think the process has gone long enough.

MMS has not helped the constipation/sinus cycle. Everything I try may work for a few days, then relaps, then nothing. Diet, herbs, fiber, exercise, vitamin C overdose, etc. Nothing.

My immune system is strong. I never get colds/flus/etc. My ND said that I had overload of fungus. This must have happened when I was a kid. I no longer have an ND; since I have moved to another state. I think it must have given me Leaky Gut; because I seem to be alergic to all food. Roots of the fungus must have made my gut permeable; allowing larger molecules to pass through. My immune system attacks; but in the process, I get swollen sinus, more mucous (really think; not thin), and constipation.

Just guessing. I'm self diagnosing. I'm beginning to believe that this is all dealing with several glands; such as adrenal, thyroid (probably hyper), pituitary, and on and on. So, I go from various healing therapies to try to resolve. Iodine for 5 months. MMS for 9 months. Liver tonic for 3 months. Various diets for 40 years. Chiropractor. Adrenal support. and on and on. Sometimes it is not worth living.

MDs want tests. My insurance is $5000 deductible. Current economics is prohibitive. I'd rather stay on the alternative route anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-12-2008, 04:26 PM
nightowl nightowl is offline
Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S.W. Washington
Posts: 761
nightowl is on a distinguished road
Default

I've never been able to figure out my Hanna tester and after reading this thread I think I may have bought the wrong kind, for a different purpose. I cooked my colloidal silver for 4 hours (directions call for 3 hours) and my meter only read a little over 1 or close to 1 1/2. I used the solution to calibrate it too. When I shine a red laser light through it I can see millions of tiny silver particles suspended in the water, so I don't think the meter is right for what I'm doing. I have the Hanna PWT (Pure Water Tester) HI 98308 which is the 5th one down on this page:
Miller Analytical - Conductivity & TDS Meters

As you can see, it cost a whole lot more money too. Should I get the TDS1 instead?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Mad Scientest's Avatar
Mad Scientest Mad Scientest is offline
Lecturer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,077
Mad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura aboutMad Scientest has a spectacular aura about
Default

I have posted this before but those who haven't seen it.


Make your own CS.

I copied this some time ago, donít know the author.
However what I found interesting was the comment at the end.



  • 1. Buy a 6 volt DC transformer for about 5 clams. Better yet, pick up one at a flea market for .50. The current doesn't matter as this method uses less than one ma.
  • 2. Clip the connector off the end of the wire.
  • 3. Get two alligator clips from Radio Shack for a buck.
  • 4. Carefully separate the two wires. Strip the insulation off for about 1 inch.
  • 5. Connect each lead to the clip.
  • 6. You need two electrodes. Don't waste $15.00 for 1/4 oz. pieces of silver wire. (which is what I did.) Go to a any coin store and buy two Canadian Maple Leafs for about $6.50 ea. Each has 1.2 oz. of .9999 pure silver, enough to make more CS than you will ever use.
  • 7. Buy a gallon of distilled water for about .70.
  • 8. Buy a tiny fish tank bubbler machine for about 8 bucks. They will have the neoprene tubing as well. You will need about two feet.
  • 9. Be sure the coin is squeaky clean. Clamp them to opposite sides of an 8 oz. glass of distilled water.
  • 10. Place the tubing to the bottom of the glass.
  • 11. Fill the glass with distilled water ONLY up to the bottom of the clips. One does not want the metal, from the clips, in contact with the water. (right , a definite no no.) only the coins.
  • 12. Plug in the little transformer and oxygenation machine.
  • 13. Run for about five hours.
  • 14. Carefully remove the coins. There will be residue on them and you don't want that in the solution. For even more purity, use the neoprene tubing and siphon the solution into a clean glass/or plastic container. (In these parts a siphon hose is referred to as an "Arkansas credit card".)
  • 15. Keep the CS out of sunlight in an air tight bottle.
  • 16. Clean the coins thoroughly preparing for the next batch.

Now you have high quality CS in about 5 PPM. Some scoundrels claim their CS is 100-800 PPM. This is rubbish. At such concentrations the particles would agglomerate forming much larger particles. Basic chemistry.


Last night I spoke with Frank Key, the scientist who owns the laboratory. He observed, "You have stumbled on to a fine way to make CS." He did state that the potency would diminish over time and suggested that one make a new batch every fortnight. Considering that costs you nothing it makes sense.

He said the secret was the low voltage and the fish pump. I thought it was due to more oxygen in the water. He stated it was because of the introduction of carbon dioxide, explaining in chemical terms which were over my head. The fish pump in 100% vital to the process.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-12-2008, 10:37 PM
scorpiotiger's Avatar
scorpiotiger scorpiotiger is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 964
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
I've never been able to figure out my Hanna tester and after reading this thread I think I may have bought the wrong kind, for a different purpose. I cooked my colloidal silver for 4 hours (directions call for 3 hours) and my meter only read a little over 1 or close to 1 1/2. I used the solution to calibrate it too. When I shine a red laser light through it I can see millions of tiny silver particles suspended in the water, so I don't think the meter is right for what I'm doing. I have the Hanna PWT (Pure Water Tester) HI 98308 which is the 5th one down on this page:
Miller Analytical - Conductivity & TDS Meters

As you can see, it cost a whole lot more money too. Should I get the TDS1 instead?
that's the right meter, nightowl. I just bought the silvergen sg-6, and this is the meter they have on that site:

PPM and water tester

how are you making it? with something you put together or something you bought?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-13-2008, 12:09 AM
scorpiotiger's Avatar
scorpiotiger scorpiotiger is offline
Enlightener
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 964
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
...

MMS has not helped the constipation/sinus cycle. Everything I try may work for a few days, then relaps, then nothing. Diet, herbs, fiber, exercise, vitamin C overdose, etc. Nothing.

My immune system is strong. I never get colds/flus/etc. My ND said that I had overload of fungus. This must have happened when I was a kid. I no longer have an ND; since I have moved to another state. I think it must have given me Leaky Gut; because I seem to be alergic to all food. Roots of the fungus must have made my gut permeable; allowing larger molecules to pass through. My immune system attacks; but in the process, I get swollen sinus, more mucous (really think; not thin), and constipation.

Just guessing. I'm self diagnosing. I'm beginning to believe that this is all dealing with several glands; such as adrenal, thyroid (probably hyper), pituitary, and on and on. So, I go from various healing therapies to try to resolve. Iodine for 5 months. MMS for 9 months. Liver tonic for 3 months. Various diets for 40 years. Chiropractor. Adrenal support. and on and on. Sometimes it is not worth living.

MDs want tests. My insurance is $5000 deductible. Current economics is prohibitive. I'd rather stay on the alternative route anyway.
Jim, I haven't tried this.. just happened to be reading about it, and remember them talking about it helping sinus problems.

take a look here (it is a yahoo group):
microelectricitygermkiller : Batteries are Cheaper than Funerals

they have something called the godzilla that you can make for yourself (in 5 minutes)- cheap -

search on the photos, anatomy has pictures of the sinus, and they also have pictures of how to make the godzilla.

Who knows.. might help. and you won't lose a lot of money trying it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-13-2008, 03:49 AM
nightowl nightowl is offline
Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S.W. Washington
Posts: 761
nightowl is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you scorpiotiger,
I believe that is where I bought the meter but it's been at least 4 years, so I'm not positive. I have the calibration solution too. I can't see why it would only be 1.4% after four hours. Maybe I didn't get the silver in place firmly enough.

I've looked for hours and I can't find the exact generator that I have...it used to be everywhere. I believe it was from the Silver Bullet company through advertising by regular mail. It is supposed to put out nano sized particles, and I can see the particles suspended in the solution as they should be, using my red lazer beam light. In fact they stay suspended for at least two or three months, so I'd say it looks great. I just can't believe what the meter reading says. I'm talking about when I tried it a while back...right now it appears that the batteries are dead. I'll let you know when I get new batteries.

I use steam distilled water in a clean jar. I read that a lazer beam will not shine through distilled water because there are no minerals to reflect the light, and that is true because I've tried it. But after processing the silver with the generator, if you turn out the other lights in the room and shine the lazer through it, you can see a solid stream of red reflecting from the silver. The silver should stay suspended without shaking the jar.

Last edited by nightowl; 12-13-2008 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the last paragraph.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Beach Man Beach Man is offline
Explorer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Beach Man is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiotiger View Post
I would also like the opinion of some of the more experienced collodial silver users to give me your opinion of what this site is saying about collodial silver vs ionic silver:

Silver Colloids: About Us

Test Results on Products that are True Silver Colloids

Test Results on Products that are Ionic Silver products

Silver Colloids: Frequently Asked Questions
could some of you try this and tell me what happens? thanks.
I like the way the Utopia FAQ's handles the issue, both here:

Which colloidal silver is most effective, ionic or non-ionic?

and here:

Utopia Silver Supplements - Ionic Vs. Non-Ionic
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-13-2008, 08:28 AM
jfh jfh is offline
perpetual student
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 4,345
jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
I've never been able to figure out my Hanna tester and after reading this thread I think I may have bought the wrong kind, for a different purpose. I cooked my colloidal silver for 4 hours (directions call for 3 hours) and my meter only read a little over 1 or close to 1 1/2. I used the solution to calibrate it too. When I shine a red laser light through it I can see millions of tiny silver particles suspended in the water, so I don't think the meter is right for what I'm doing. I have the Hanna PWT (Pure Water Tester) HI 98308 which is the 5th one down on this page:
Miller Analytical - Conductivity & TDS Meters

As you can see, it cost a whole lot more money too. Should I get the TDS1 instead?
I paid about $30 (USD) for my TDS1. It works rather simply. I measure the solids PPM in the distilled water before I start the CS process. After allotted time, I measure again. The meter reads 10 or 11. As I said, the meter does not know if it is silver, lime, calcium, etc. Since I'm using distilled water at a measurement of 0, there better be nothing more than silver when I'm done.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MMS + Colloidal Silver Mavy Alternative Therapies 6 01-19-2013 03:46 PM
HOW to make your own Colloidal Silver Mad Scientest Thrift & Financial 10 02-04-2011 11:40 AM
Colloidal Silver and Flu MegRG Colds, Flu & Fever 19 10-13-2010 07:06 PM
how do i dilute my colloidal silver?? nofaithinobama Alternative Therapies 3 08-27-2010 06:39 PM
Tungsten in Colloidal Silver??? kind2creatures Vitamins & Supplements 0 11-02-2009 06:10 PM