Old 12-22-2017, 07:30 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF will become famous soon enough
Default Potassium? Citrate Okay?

Man it's a bit tough to get all your potassium by food alone.
4 bananas and a large potato give only about 1/3 of what you need. (4700mg)

So lately I'm taking Bulk Potassium Citrate. Anything wrong with that?
Seems to me it'd be okay.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:01 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Citrate is a very good binding. Acid is required for bioavailability of most minerals. Citrate is citric acid. It is a good binding for magnesium as well. Malate is another good binding. Malate is malic acid, the same acid that is found in the apple skin. Mag malate is good, but more expensive, because you have to take so much. Another good mag binding is chloride, which is best used transdermal as in magnesium oil. Potassium does not have so many choices.

One vendor, I like for bulk is https://www.bulksupplements.com/magnesium-citrate.html.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 12-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Reader

Yessir, that's exactly what I'm using now.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:30 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I just started taking potassium, I'm using the citrate capsules. Thanks again for the info Jfh, I also use mag citrate powder daily.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:28 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I've read that when taking Potassium Citrate you have to drink a lot of water to make sure it doesn't burn a hole in your esophagus or stomach, is this true? What are your thoughts?

What about Mag Citrate, I know that felt warm in my mouth when I had trouble swallowing the capsule, and just drank enough to get it down. Now I use the powder in orange juice.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:06 AM
Reader

I'm taking the Mg Citrate also. KTC, they say they all work best if you take the big four - Potassium, Mg, Calcium and K2, all taken together.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:45 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Potassium produces radiation. That means it is active. I think it is not good to overdo it. I'm sure a banana would not set of a Geiger counter, but still it is worth considering caution with too much.

The potassium isotope is used in historic dating to confirm carbon dating.

Just so you know.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.