Old 08-31-2017, 09:17 AM
Observer

gardnerj44 is on a distinguished road
Default Chelation therapy

Hi everybody. This is a stretch, since people don't seem to post too often here, but here I go:

In 2010, I did chelation therapy with DMSA. I had previously had slight issues breathing (sucking wind while running really hard, couldn't play my instrument very well) but I still managed a 4:44 mile as a teenager.

SO I did the chelation therapy. Dmsa for two weeks, 5 days off, repeat a few times. When I was off dmsa, i couldn't breathe for shit. While I was on it, I could breathe like a monster, and ate like one too. I stopped, ran out of money. Over the next few years, a do a few cycles here and there, and each time I feel better. Meanwhile, I still can't breathe, but my breathing is getting better every time I do it. It hasn't improved on its own at all. Only when I do cycles.

Every time I get something from my naturopath, I can't tolerate it, unless its a flower essence, or a straight vitamin like Calmag. Despite having low adrenals and low glutathione, my body rejects both. And this happens every time I go. He's got me on something called Chelex now, which is a type of chelator, so we'll see how that goes.

I can't run more than 400m without having to stop. It's all anaerobic running. I haven't taken a real breath in 7 years. I can't sing anymore. Not enough air.

What the chelation did was made it way easier for me to concentrate. It did its job. But I don't know what happened. I'm about to just tell my doctor that I want to chelate again just the way I did 7 years ago. Nothing else is working. I've been through 3 doctors.

I'd really appreciate any help.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:27 PM
Observer

CindyP is on a distinguished road

Hi there, I just saw your post about chelation and some issues you were having. FYI, I have worked as a holistic nutrition/health consultant and coach for the last 20 years and I did work, for a while, with a medical doc that did chelation here so I do have some experience. However, I have no medical training and, of course, can't diagnose or recommend treatment (I'm sure you know all that lol).

My first question is; was your glutathione low during chelation? If so, your doc should've had you on NAC to help your body deal with the toxic overload that happens during chelation. Also, in my experience, when someone resorts right back to symptoms then the body is not completely removing all toxins - what we did was encourage the client to do a full body cleanse to ensure "all exits are open," if you know what I mean.

Lastly, I know this sounds weird, but after I had pneumonia (like 20 years ago), I had to really cleanse/detox to help clear my lungs. For many clients - I see a direct correlation between cleansing and lung health; even when some clients prone to breathing issues come in for a colonic, their lungs feel more open after. (Chelation has to do with cleansing because it is a form of cleansing whereas the blood is being cleared and all toxins must find their way out of the body once removed from the blood.) I believe the connection between a cleansing and lung health is due to the entire body being like a garden hose; you step on (or clog) one area and the entire hose backs up. (You may still be thinking at this point; why would toxins lodge in lungs? Many holistic practitioners theorize/believe that toxins become lodged where the body has weakness, which explains why lung issues will seem to always arise in one person while digestive in another and also explains why the same practice of cleansing will help both.) Anyway, I subscribe to this belief, too, due to experience in the office.

Of course, this is just general info as I don't know your background, etc. and I'm sure you're aware of that. I just wanted to add my two cents and hope it does help in some way.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:43 PM
Observer

gardnerj44 is on a distinguished road

Interesting. I had slight breathing problems compared to what I have now. I did have some difficulty running, but I could sing then--I can't now.

I don't know if my glutathione was low before chelating. I don't have a lab.

A full body cleanse. Sorry--you mean colon cleanse? Just flushing everything out from top to bottom? I'm having digestive problems as well. More like... If I don't have enzymes in the food, or take greens, my body will wear itself out trying to digest it.

Also, my symptoms are known to change every month or so. One month, I can breathe, but can't digest a damn thing. Next month, I can eat fine, but I need a ton of water to feel normal.

So you're saying I need to do some other type of full body cleanse? Or continue chelating because it's not done? Every time I do it, I feel better.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:01 PM
Observer

CindyP is on a distinguished road

IMO, based on the lung issue along with low glutathione (based on your comment, "Despite having low adrenals and low glutathione...") and chelation working only to have difficulty breathing again - sounds like whatever your body is trying to detox is, for some reason, having a difficult time leaving the lung/bronchial area. Often doctors will suggest NAC (n-acetyle cysteine) to help the body make it's own glutathione which helps the body deal with detoxing (protection since the toxins are dislodged then flow through the body on their way out). I just mention that as many other doctors (naturopaths, etc.) will use NAC simply for detoxing. It's an amino acid and even used in emergency rooms in certain drug overdoses (acetaminophen, acrylonitrile poisoning, and more) and can be purchased otc.

Full Body Cleanse - sorry, been doing this for so long I forget to explain completely. When I mention that I mean taking certain body cleansing supplements (fiber and herbs that help heal digestive tract/liver/kidneys) along with a change in diet and a series of colonics. (Btwy, having a colonic without supplements and change in diet will not do much), and the cleanse is often done over a period of about 4 weeks. Although this will not eliminate/correct 20+ years of buildup, this is the length of time the body can complete a cleanse "cycle." (Your body has built-in cycles of cleanse/rebuild - the herbs/diet change/colonics help your body go into what I call "cleansing mode.) There's a lot of supplements programs on the market but my "go-to" is Herbal Fiberblend, powder only, by AIM. (It is condensed into one product, costs around $50, and works for 90% of my clients for a general cleanse.)

In our experience, clients benefited by doing a full body cleanse either before or after the chelation sessions - but not during as chelation is a difficult process and it's best to not try to do everything at once. This is just too much stress for the body to handle, leading to too many side effects and just not detoxing/eliminating all you can for the effort and cost you put into it. Also, just a tip, daily juicing (veggies) helps strengthen the organs either with the full cleanse or for 3-4 weeks before any type chelation. Anyway, I know this was long but I hope this helps.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Reader

Beach Man will become famous soon enoughBeach Man will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerj44 View Post
I'm having digestive problems as well. More like... If I don't have enzymes in the food, or take greens, my body will wear itself out trying to digest it.

Also, my symptoms are known to change every month or so. One month, I can breathe, but can't digest a damn thing. Next month, I can eat fine, but I need a ton of water to feel normal.
It sounds like you would benefit from taking a good digestive enzyme supplement with each meal. You might want to check out the following and read the Ratings and Reviews/Customer Reviews to get an idea of how helpful they can be.

https://www.pureformulas.com/integra...nugenics.html#

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/now-...zymes-180-caps

https://www.vitacost.com/solaray-hcl...n#BVRRWidgetID

https://www.vitacost.com/doctors-bes...ProductReviews

http://www.betterhealthinternational...prodID=JR23012

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swan...es-90-veg-caps

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swan...es-90-veg-caps

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swan...in-4x-300-tabs

If part of your digestive issues are due to the inability to digest gluten, the following products can be extremely helpful:

https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-gl...arian-capsules

Be sure to click on and read the 32 Reviews.

This one may also be helpful if gluten is part of your problem:

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swan...mg-90-veg-caps
Old 09-13-2017, 07:47 AM
Observer

Lena01 is on a distinguished road

Therapy, also called psychotherapy or counseling, is the process of meeting with a therapist to resolve problematic behaviors, beliefs, feelings, relationship issues, and/or somatic responses (sensations in the body).Aug 7, 2015
Old 11-13-2017, 05:38 AM
Observer

jinni73 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerj44 View Post
Interesting. I had slight breathing problems compared to what I have now. I did have some difficulty running, but I could sing then--I can't now.

I don't know if my glutathione was low before chelating. I don't have a lab.

A full body cleanse. Sorry--you mean colon cleanse? Just flushing everything out from top to bottom? I'm having digestive problems as well. More like... If I don't have enzymes in the food, or take greens, my body will wear itself out trying to digest it.

So you're saying I need to do some other type of full body cleanse? Or continue chelating because it's not done? Every time I do it, I feel better.
If you cook your food and have stomach problems then you destroy the enzymes within the food needed to help your body digest it.
Do not eat any food after 5 or 6 o clock your body does not digest the food correctly after this time
and chew your food until it is mush this greatly helps digestion, remember we are only meant to be eating fruit.

and for chelation I would not use a synthetic pharmaceutical product when chlorella is available two weeks of taking 2 teaspoons a day should be enough to clear your body of most heavy metals,

If you have lung problems you can do a couple of things one is smoke dried rosemary leaves pick a bush that is as far away from traffic as possible dry it out for about 5 days and smoke 3 or 4 a day for about a month, this should clean up and regenerate your lungs, rosemary has a chemical in it that binds to the heavy metals in your lungs and removes it.
Frankincense is amazing for the epithelium lining nebulise some preferably use the boswellia serrata genus or if you cant nebulise it just suck a piece, chewing frankincense sticks to the teeth unless you combine it with spruce gum. Make sure it is not irradiated.

you could also do some research on sulphur and Vitamin c combining about 5 grams of each of these a day is meant to regenerate the lungs with the sulphur electrons that have popped off and dried the lung out

One last thing do you eat any grains? if you do this could well be a problem due to grains digesting the stomach/villi,
virtually all grains are now genetically modified (so lets take wheat which causes diabetes and scitzophrenia according to various different sources) GM foods mutate human DNA there has never been any testing on the effects of GM foods on humans unless you count the one that the Australian scientific advisory group CSIRO were doing and that was the one that greenpeace went and destroyed so two lessons never ever trust any organisation that says its fighting for the planet and don't trust GM foods until they have carried out the testing on the politicians and owners of these corporations.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.